• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Post your most recent plastic purchase-Reboot

I thought DD stores only carried Trilogy now. I understand the used disc, but not sure I understand the Drone.

I've been to two DD stores now, (Emporia and KC) Emporia sells only trilogy but KC sells most everything. The KC store, to my knowledge, is the only disc store in the area so DD has them sell everything or they don't have the agreement to only sell DD. I found some uncommon companies there such as Full Turn, Hyzerbomb Gateway (other than the wiz) and a few more I can't remember.

smqb5y.jpg

Star TB as a cycling/field extra and a Lucid Witness as a toy with disc. Went wildcard at 515 Vape and Disc Golf shop in Clive (Des Moines), Iowa. Lunch trip and could not think of a thing other than the TB. I asked the shop owner for a suggested disc similar to a Champ Valkyrie around 9 speed. Something to hyzer flip and flat toss lines. Witness touted and I went with it. Interesting nose on the Witness, should be fun.

Got chatty and forgot to putt inside at the shop :(

Doom bird 2 in a terrible fleshy color

I had a JLS in that color. I was so sure that I was going to lose it in the grass that I went to Bass Pro Shops and tried their worm dye on it. I was pleasantly surprised at the vibrant orange that came out.

I just put the disc in a freezer bag and poured the dye in, sloshed it around and took it out to dry. Worked great.

smqb5y.jpg

Star TB as a cycling/field extra and a Lucid Witness as a toy with disc. Went wildcard at 515 Vape and Disc Golf shop in Clive (Des Moines), Iowa. Lunch trip and could not think of a thing other than the TB. I asked the shop owner for a suggested disc similar to a Champ Valkyrie around 9 speed. Something to hyzer flip and flat toss lines. Witness touted and I went with it. Interesting nose on the Witness, should be fun.

Got chatty and forgot to putt inside at the shop :(

The correct recommendation should have been a Thief, but I bet the shop doesn't carry that disc.

The correct recommendation should have been a Thief, but I bet the shop doesn't carry that disc.

Hah!

Thinking harder, Theif was the first suggestion. However I dismissed the Theif instantly as I did toss a bit when I was very spendy and have some in backstock yet. I did animatedly push towards towards more hyzer flippish. Thus, initial report errored. I may be a little bit excitable at lunch.

No evening test. Played a partial course this evening due to flooding with a small bag and did not bother with the witness this evening. Cut out early for us in a decent driveway cheeseburgers on a charcoal grill.

Hah!

Thinking harder, Theif was the first suggestion. However I dismissed the Theif instantly as I did toss a bit when I was very spendy and have some in backstock yet. I did animatedly push towards towards more hyzer flippish. Thus, initial report errored. I may be a little bit excitable at lunch.

No evening test. Played a partial course this evening due to flooding with a small bag and did not bother with the witness this evening. Cut out early for us in a decent driveway cheeseburgers on a charcoal grill.

I carry a Witness also. And it certainly is better off the shelf for an easy hyzerflip. So that was not a bad recommendation and perhaps better for what you personally need/want. I personally throw BioFuzion Theifs, as they start out more flippy than a Lucid and season faster as well, so they are closer in flight to a Witness. So enjoy you new disc when you get the chance, but don't ignore the Thief in the future, it may be just what the course doctor ordered.

I needed more champ roadrunners. I lost 4 in the last year.
I remember someone saying '8 is enough'.

Attachments

• Capture+_2018-06-29-06-31-36.png
    Capture+_2018-06-29-06-31-36.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 37
I had a JLS in that color. I was so sure that I was going to lose it in the grass that I went to Bass Pro Shops and tried their worm dye on it. I was pleasantly surprised at the vibrant orange that came out.

I just put the disc in a freezer bag and poured the dye in, sloshed it around and took it out to dry. Worked great.

Hey that's not a bad idea!

Is it because you a rolling them and they go offline. I am genuinely curious how you lose so many in the same year.

I lost 3 on the same hole... It's a bh anny bomb for me, that plays downhill (#7 lake Julian, Asheville nc). One, i did not commit and i believe it went past the adjacent fairway and possibly into the water. Another i thought i was close during drunk mob golf and could not find it. I think someone may have grabbed it. The third i lost when i ran 30 feet past, missed the putt and spaced on grabbing it. It was gone when i went back after finishing the round.
I should be good through 2019.

Neutron Deflector - #14 White, 175
Retro Line Saint - White, 174
ESP Thrasher, Swirly - #19, 166
X Thrasher - LtGreenSwirl, 164
X-Out Recycled Stag - Light Green, 171

After battling some big downhill shots through an uphill wind and repeatedly wishing I had a more beefy & overatable midrange option I pulled the trigger on a Champ Gator3. I am gonna mash that manhole cover so far down that hill it's gonna need a passport!

Well I just found a unicorn!

Gummy Star plastic Aviar Classic- with an XXL stamp! 175, perfect shape. Couldn't believe my eyes!

Latest posts