• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Pro firebird vs FL

6.5swede

Birdie Member
I know they are the same mold but is there much difference in stability? I have a slightly broken pro firebird that is a great disc, laser straight with a late fade. Just wondering if I need to trade for another pro if I can find one or is a star FL the way to go. I love the feel of the pro.
Charlie

Yeah sorry, false alarm. I was thinking of the starfires... Innova made a surprise run of those in pro plastic w/ the x mold.

Yeah the LF is a great disc. It's got great max distance potential as well which seems to be understated in our modern, warp speed driver world.

I've never thrown the star, but I would assume it will be more stable than you were looking for. at least initially. If it was me I would just get a few new pro FL's and wear them in together. They're cheap and pro plastic breaks in quick.

Yeah the LF is a great disc. It's got great max distance potential as well which seems to be understated in our modern, warp speed driver world.

I've never thrown the star, but I would assume it will be more stable than you were looking for. at least initially. If it was me I would just get a few new pro FL's and wear them in together. They're cheap and pro plastic breaks in quick.

They are more stable. The one I had was a turd of a disc, no glide whatsoever and not stable enough to hold up to headwinds. It flew like a really crappy Teebird. The Pro FL is a much better disc.

The trident is sooo nearly identicle to an FL both in shape and flight. The rim is the same width as the PD/Avenger/OLF/Thunderbird type discs and the flight is similar but a little shorter (just a bit) because the FL/trident is soo blunt compared to the PD-esque discs lol...but the FL/trident's very low wing height/plh makes it less overstable than the nose might make it appear.

Latest posts