• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy M4 - the good /the bad

So,I always hear people compare the m4 to the comet. However that has never been my experience. The m4 is more torque resistant and faster than the comet. I recently ordered a 300 glow M4 from the prodigy pro shop and it is the domiest M4 I have ever seen. After throwing it a bit today I can safely say I have found an M4 that flies very similar to a comet. Unfortunately the thing I like about the M4 is how it feels on forehands and this one is not comfortable for forehand.

Always wondered if the M4 leaned more Comet or Buzzz. I tried an esp Buzzz SS & it was very close to a Buzzz (go figure).

Would like to try a 400g M4 to see how stable it is.

Mine is very Meteor like. It's not terribly flippy but it will hold an anny line if you give it enough juice. Very straight and Buzzz like when powered down. I think it's a 400 s or g and it's puddle topped.

Always wondered if the M4 leaned more Comet or Buzzz. I tried an esp Buzzz SS & it was very close to a Buzzz (go figure).

Its like a worn ESP Buzzzz, or a ESP Buzzz SS or Mako3 but I feel the M4 has a faster flight, flips up and a little over to hold then late fade back, when new and max weight it may be fairly stable but wears into flippy after a lil bit. I have a small stack and I have a few super flippy (but most wear on them) some are 5/5/-2/1 and one 'glow' plastic that is like 5/5/-0.5/2 - I would say you cannot go wrong with an M4 in 400G 170-180g if you want a moderately US midrange disc. I pair it with a Buzzz and it feels like they were made by the same folk - ESP Buzzz and 400G M4 feel VERY similar

Last edited:
Bump. I'm just wondering if Prodigy will ever run M4s in 350g plastic again. I'm hoping Prodigy will read this, and act upon it... :popcorn:

Mine is very Meteor like. It's not terribly flippy but it will hold an anny line if you give it enough juice. Very straight and Buzzz like when powered down. I think it's a 400 s or g and it's puddle topped.

I won another one of these in a tourney today, a Cale Leiviska stamped 400 plastic. Compared to the one quoted above this one has nice uniform dome, is glossier, and slightly less opaque like champion plastic. Way more understable. The glide this thing picks up when it's not puddle topped is crazy, like a different mold. Reminds me a lot of a faster Fuse, effortless turnover disc. No wonder Cale throws such pretty turnovers if his discs fly like this one.

Picked up one of Cal'es vitruvian stamped M4s in 400g. Feels flat to puddle with a lot of grip and pretty gummy. Feels a lot like the protos/first run. I think that was what Cale was going for. I also ordered a 500 plastic one. supposed to be a little more stable and stiffer plastic.

Mr

No sir the m4 is unlike both I love my meteor and buzzz ss but neither is like the m4 I really wanted to like the m4 but it doesn't have a place in my bag it's like a slightly more stable tursas the m4 that I have is flat and 400 max weight for reference

No it's flippy like a mirage it doesn't have a threshold like a meteor

Latest posts