• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Prodigy Market Survey

How Many Prodigy Discs Are In Your Bag

Votes: 341 73.5%
  • 1-2

Votes: 71 15.3%
  • 3-4

Votes: 21 4.5%
  • 5-6

Votes: 11 2.4%
  • 7-8

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • 9+

Votes: 14 3.0%

• Total voters
Of the golfers that I play with regularly, maybe 3 of them have a Prodigy disc or two.

They lost me when I bought a D4 that flew more like a Champion Boss :|

Exactly.
My version was a freebie: Nikko gave me an unsigned D4 at Lilac City Open 2013 to try[I was a groundskeeper that year]. Last year I gave it to a tourney as a Ring of Fire prize. Plastic's nice, but Prodigy don't fly for me.

max weight D4's are definitely beefcakes for some PLH/mold cooling reason or something like that

I love the mid 160g D3's ... I can hyzerflip them to flat, or thrown flat they'll turn and then fade back

D5's are suuuuuper flippy, maybe that's what all you noodle arms need ;)

I bag the m4, m3, and m2. Right now I'm toying with the f7, f5, and maybe f3. The plastic feels super nice, and I've found pretty decent consistency in the mids, the verdict is still out on the fairways.

And MVP's understable then overstable Shock snafu...

Ya, I experienced this. But that understable first run Shock was a really nice disc. I wish my new Amp was more like it, but right now my well worn Volt is less stable. I think this stuff happens with all the manufacturers though.

Every Disc is a unique plastic throwflake.

max weight D4's are definitely beefcakes for some PLH/mold cooling reason or something like that

I love the mid 160g D3's ... I can hyzerflip them to flat, or thrown flat they'll turn and then fade back

D5's are suuuuuper flippy, maybe that's what all you noodle arms need ;)

True, the max weight D4's are sweet.

Ya, I experienced this. But that understable first run Shock was a really nice disc.

proto M3/production M2's are a really nice disc too

True, the max weight D4's are sweet.

if anything, the couple max weight D4's I've had would make good backups for my D2 ... straight out to 375-400' and then start fading with little to no turn

I'm sure the lighter weight D4's are flippy ... especially if they have a lower PLH

proto M3/production M2's are a really nice disc too

if anything, the couple max weight D4's I've had would make good backups for my D2 ... straight out to 375-400' and then start fading with little to no turn

I'm sure the lighter weight D4's are flippy ... especially if they have a lower PLH

Absolutely dead straight for a country mile. I haven't thrown the D2 yet but I may have to give it a try. I have 4 neon green Proto D4 and 2 neon green D4 first runs and I never noticed any issues with consistency.

Absolutely dead straight for a country mile. I haven't thrown the D2 yet but I may have to give it a try. I have 4 neon green Proto D4 and 2 neon green D4 first runs and I never noticed any issues with consistency.

I do usually avoid protos though, as their consistency (at least early in Prodigy's molding) was all over the place

but like you ... if you've got a stack of one disc that flies the same way (even if it differs from the intended flight of the disc) it still can be a good/useful disc

I stick to the production runs still though :)

I gave a D4, M3(that turned out to be an M2), M4, F1 and F7 a decent shot for a good portion of early last season.

I'll admit... the M4 is an amazing disc that is really fun to throw. It just doesn't do anything that my main mids can't do. If I'm having a bad run with my Roc/Comet's I'll sometimes toss the M4 back in the bag just to mix things up. The M3(2) has my only ace of last season on it and it got a good shot in the bag but, again, it just didn't replace my classic discs. Great plastic on both of the mids.

I was throwing the D4 at the same time I started messing around with Terns and the D4 just felt inferior. Plastic was very nice if not a bit 'slick.'

The F1 and F7 were disappointing but I'll admit I didn't give them much time as I was near the end of my Prodigy run when they came out.

Basically I think I'm like quite a few other golfers... I've got some proto Prodigy in good shape that I'm willing to trade. LOL.

Can't speak to the production runs, but the Protos were great, particularly the dark blues around 175.
This is the exact M3(2) that I was talking about above. That specific shade of blue was hard as hell to find off the fairway.

None so far. I'll be honest that the naming convention initially kept me away, I don't really know why. It's easy and logical, it just doesn't resonate with me. It's kind of funny to watch an "in the bag" video with their pros, they're just rattling off numbers and letters.

Now that I've been reading more about them, I'm interested in trying a couple molds. The problem is that my core bag is pretty set at this point, so it's really only competing for a couple specialty slots in the bag.

Concur BuzzzChief. And I probably won't be bagging any in the near future.

I've got a PA4 and M3 in storage, but they didn't make the bag. I found a D7 or something like that in a fairway (was ice clear) and couldn't even give it away.

I don't carry any in the bag at the moment, but I do have a driver lineup of 3x D1, 1x D2 and 3x D3. I will throw them in the bag every once a while to mix things up. D3 is still one of the farthest discs.

Little by little I've been changing from a mixed bag (Innova/Discmania/Discraft/Latitude) to almost completely Prodigy. What I haven't been able to replace yet is Star Beast and Valkyrie. I'm looking forward to Prodigy making more H-series discs available with differente plastics (just got my first 400S H2!) and bigger numbers (more understable).

I know I'm a bore and I know I'm not 14 anymore, but I like the naming system.