• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter and Mid-Range Weights

I like to throw putters in the 150's because I feel like I can really control where they go. Try a really light one out.

If you're referring to a driving putter I agree completely. A purely putting putter (try saying that three times fast) I like at 175g.

When I was trying to figure out the different discs, one of the best pieces of advice I got was to get a driving putter and a putting putter.

my lack of any putter usually disturbs most people. but i do have a hefty (179) mid range made by Frisbee/Wham-O that i use for most putting situations. to be completely honest i've probably thrown a putter 3 times total (and by that i mean thrown at the basket at a hole, NOT a whole round), usually when im discing with people who have an over abundance of them.

More good stuff. I actually was able to pickup both 171 and 175 Aviar Drivers, very similar to my current 166 Aviar P&A. Still adjusting to them, but so far I favor the 175 for actual putting and the 171 for approaches.

The heavy putter feels more solid in hand, hits the chains, and drops. Much more confidence in throwing strong to the sweet spot, plus better in today's light breeze.

The 171 is much more predictable and stable than my 166. I used to throw my Coyote as an approach disc. Now I use the 171, even threw on short drives in the woods, and it felt great. Both hold great hyzer lines, dropping right at the basket.

Thanks for all the tips and advice.

is that a naked barbie doll or a blow up doll?

Barbie...we spent the evening at Craig's last night and our daughter had a nude barbie swimming in a bowl with a bunch of littlest pet shops...I had to have a picture.

Latest posts