• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putter flicks

with good form and a smooth motion I can flick my judge out to about 200-250. It's more useful to me for approaches than drives when I need it. If I need to flick something closer to a putter it is usually a suspect mid range since it is zone like. most of the time you need some height to get a putter out there, at least for me.

I love doing short upshot anny and s turn flick shots with my Mercys and Sinus. Saves me many strokes.

I've recently started to work on my flicking ability. and I've gotten where i feel pretty good flicking a rhyno around 100' if needed. Just nice and soft, and let it curve to the right for me. Still working on adding confidence to mids and fairway drivers. And even the putter has to have a quite wide path for me to hit. Not consistent yet at all.

Mountain Golf usually equals putter flicks..

Being a mountain golfer and changing my shot on account of the way the hill slopes I pull out the esp zone many times for hyzer flicks (dayum those things are stable) and the dx dart for long turnover approches.. my mid and putter flick game is usually what allows me to score anywhere from -6 to plus 4 on any course from the first time I play it... to my daily player in Simple Pleasures! Anyone who flicks putters is assured to shoot three strokes better than all BH putters on account of my tricky, elevated greens :thmbup:

I flick a Yeti or Rhyno frequently for approaches inside 160' or so. Putter flicks have been much more reliable than BH approaches lately.

This, only just the Rhyno. Between touch approaches, and pancakes with it (sort of the same shot, touch-wise) it might be the most frequent shot I throw.

It seems more accurate for me than BH in most cases, maybe just a much more compact motion, harder to jack it up.

Love flick zones...<200 ft, I carry 3 different zones...and the flick is on!

This, only just the Rhyno. . . . just a much more compact motion, harder to jack it up.
Yup. I can jack up just about anything, but Rhyno flicks are pretty reliable.