• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Putting Confidence Program

Will you commit to the program?

• Total voters

cc0049

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
I watched the Discraft Video on their putting confidence program recently and have been trying to apply the concepts presented there to my putting practice regimine and and had positive results so far.

I wanted to share some of what that video talks about here and also use this thread to provide some measure of accountability for those that want to begin this practice regimine. In the video they talk about having the guys that are doing the program log in to post that they have done their putting practice for the day. I thought that would be something we could do here with this thread. Just post something like, "I did my putting practice today". Post whatever else you like as well regarding the program of course.

Here's the run down of what the video talks about:
  • Confidence is the most important aspect of a good putter - your practice should build your confidence, so practice MAKING putts
  • The goal of the program is building LONG TERM confidence, not just short term confidence
  • Practice Everyday
  • Practice for 2 separate 15 minute sessions to maintain concentration
  • Practice MAKING putts - don't putt from a distance that you miss, putt from where you can make putts every time
  • Develop a routine that is the same every time
  • Practice with only 1 or 2 putters at a time
  • Trust the process - don't self-evaluate as you go
  • Commit to at least 30 days of the regimine
Here's the video so you can watch it for yourself.

I'm also going to include a public poll so that those who want to be a part of the program can commit publicly to it and post here when they do their practice each day.

Good luck and make putts!

Last edited:
i've done this program once already and it definitely makes you more confident if you practice from a distance you can make. for me that's only 17 ft max right now. anything farther and i'm just too inconsistent to be building the mental confidence to step up and make it.

I will say the hardest thing about it was staying consistent. Consistently practicing everyday and setting up your pre-shot the same every time without rushing through the motions. However, I found through the program that my pre shot routine needed to be quicker because I just sat there looking for too long.

Good luck to those that are going to give it a try!

I am kinda in but not exactly and I cant gaurantee posting afterwards, but I do go out at least twice a day, usually more for 15 minutes and have been hitting 15' putts already better than ever. I will probably do this as long as my basket holds up so should be wayyyy beyond 30 days.

Buddy I play with is already nervous as that is where he has stood a chance against me with my crappy putting game.

So I have believed for the past year that I was on the cusp of becoming a really good advanced player or even average pro, but I was having serious problems with my putting. There was not a distance that existed that I felt comfortable with when putting. It was destroying my game and missing a couple of 10 footers a round would lead to me blowing up during a tourney round, which would lead to several more short putts missed. Well I decided that I had to get better at putting. I watched this putting confidence video about 2 weeks ago and then it just so happened I recieved a basket for Christmas this year. I decided I was going to try and see if this program really worked. For the last week I have putted for an average of about 30 mins a day and I can't even tell you how much I have improved in that short time.
First 15 mins - 15 feet/60 putts
Second 15 mins - 20feet/60 putts

After the first day I started to track how many I was making/missing on a little hand counter.

Results after the first week
Day 2 15 feet-36/60 20 feet-26/60
Day 3 15 feet-39/60 20 feet-28/60
Day 4 15 feet-41/60 20 feet-30/60
Day 5 15 feet-43/60 20 feet-32/60
Day 6 15 feet-44/60 20 feet-35/60
Day 7 15 feet-45/60 20 feet-35/60

I'm excited to say the least that my putting has gotten better this quickly. I would definitely recommend watching the video and trying it out.

I haven't voted, because there's no option for me, which is "I'm all about it, I will use this thread, and the putting confidence challenge...but not right now while it's F'ing cold out and school and work are demanding of my time"

But I'll be in soon.

I'm contemplating bringing my basket to work and practicing when it's slow...We'll see what happens.

\/\/

I have already been using his program and my scores have been improving. I usually do a push putt. However I use his program also to develop a turbo putt, a straddle putt, a sidearm putt, and from further out a jump putt.

I don't follow the program exactly anymore though as I putt more than 30 minutes a day.

A little bit of advice, DONT FALL OFF THE WAGON. I started his program early last year but only did it for three weeks. It helped at that time but then I stopped and my scores went up. Keep doing it, keep practicing. If you don't you will have to start all over like I did. Sure you will notice results in a short amount of time but for you still need to keep doing it for it to stick.

Last edited:
Does it really matter that I do more than they say? Not longer just more sessions.

What the heck.

Did my putting practice today.

Okay cc you have challenged some accountability into this and that counts. I am in and I will post.

Did my putting practice today!

I've been chucking 10 or more discs with 4-5 molds and I think the discipline of 2 discs, same mold will help. I'm putting indoors so it isn't as valuable imo as outdoors but there is still value.

I used to use a big stack of discs for putting practice too. I'm just using one now. It really makes me concentrate more to make the one shot at the basket.

I've also been using a mini to mark my lie, since that is really a part of my pre-shot routine in tournament play.

I have been using the 3 cheap Instep discs and think I am actually hitting 98% with the putter and probably 90% with the other 2.

Going to start taking and using just my Banger-GTs and Blowflys only.

i agree with everything they say with the exception of only using a disc or 2. when i was practicing a lot i would use as many putters of the same type as i could come up with in order to get more putts into a shorter timeframe.

i agree with everything they say with the exception of only using a disc or 2. when i was practicing a lot i would use as many putters of the same type as i could come up with in order to get more putts into a shorter timeframe.

Key words "of the same type". I was using Aviars, Ringer, XD, Magnet...you get the picture. I'm using the Discraft Focus for this exercise and I'll continue to use a lot of molds for getting in reps beyond the confidence program but for the intense practice I'm sticking with the one mold.

I completed my practice today.

I'm lucky I have a long enough basement to be able to practice from 30'. My wife wants me to finish the basement so I'm trying to come up with reasons it's not a sound fiscal decision right now ;)

Latest posts