• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Question about a innova leopard

DGGuy0908

I want to get 2 leopards for myself and my girlfriend because i hear they are great discs. We are new to the game as well. My questions are i think for her a 150g dx would be good for her, is that what i should get? And for me, i want to use the leopard as a go to driver. So, should i get it in dx, champion or star? What is the advantages of each? Im not sure what would be the difference with the 3 plastics. Also what about weight? Thanks for the help!

When I introduce new players to the game, I usually give them Pro Leopards in the 160s, regardless of sex.

Definitely get a lighter DX or Pro as your first driver. When I started to relearn the game, my go to driver was a 150g DX leopard, and was the farthest, most reliable disc I had thrown.

Star and champ will both tend to fade harder at the the end of the flight. Some champ leopards fly like an entirely different disc, and less beginner friendly. The advantage lies in that once the premium plastics begin to wear in, they hold their "sweet spot" longer before they are worn out.

Pro plastic wears out a little slower than DX, but faster than Star, and far faster than Champion.

I'll second the Pro Leopard from above. Just a nice all around driver. Mid 160s works for me. Maybe get your gal something a little lighter, but don't feel you need a 150 because she's a girl. You can always add a lighter one later if she likes the disc.

One should never expect to receive sex in return for a disc.

Bahaha.

But yes, a Pro Leo in the 160's would be my vote, too. Very useful disc for all skill levels. I use mine for easy turnover drives or straight low ceiling shots.

I want to get 2 leopards for myself and my girlfriend because i hear they are great discs. We are new to the game as well. My questions are i think for her a 150g dx would be good for her, is that what i should get? And for me, i want to use the leopard as a go to driver. So, should i get it in dx, champion or star? What is the advantages of each? Im not sure what would be the difference with the 3 plastics. Also what about weight? Thanks for the help!
Personally, I'd tell you both to start with DX. Her with the lighter weight and you with something over 160g. The reason I'd start with DX is cost. Not that discs are overly expensive but I like the idea of spending less until your 100% sure the Leopard is going to be the disc for you. After that it is trial and error and preference. I have Pro's, Metal Flake, Barry 2x, and Pre-Barrys. I prefer the Barry 2x and Pre's. You could be completely different. In my opinion you can't go wrong with any of them. Then as someone said before the type of plastic is just going to determine how long the disc will last, not too mention how many trees you hit.

Latest posts