• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Question for Lat64/Westside fans...

I beg to differ. The early run "snowflake" xxx are some of the most overstable discs ive ever thrown. You could crank it hard on an anny and it would always fight back
This could be entirely true of flat Optos. The flat XXX's I've thrown have been GL which are usually less OS than the Optos.

The opto and the gl are so different. The opto is very os and the gl is very manageable.

Agree 100% with flow, wizard and opto pure info here. I have to say that if the fast stuff does what you want and you notice a distance difference, keep it. I ditched them for a while but I recently found the bolt is awesome. Straight with extra distance. Only used in certain situations but I love it

Totally agree. I'm on my second Flow and third Bolt. My first Flow surprized me with its legs and disappeared over the hill and into the abyss of brush. My second is a different creature that I'm still getting used to. Bolts and I are love hate. Lost a TM and a GL. Had to replace it so I tried out a 159 Air. All I can say is wow!!! Love the line in an open field, released flat it turns right then snakes out. Max D for me was ~350, first time breaking 3!

Totally agree. I'm on my second Flow and third Bolt. My first Flow surprized me with its legs and disappeared over the hill and into the abyss of brush. My second is a different creature that I'm still getting used to. Bolts and I are love hate. Lost a TM and a GL. Had to replace it so I tried out a 159 Air. All I can say is wow!!! Love the line in an open field, released flat it turns right then snakes out. Max D for me was ~350, first time breaking 3!

Ive been using my flow on a slight hyzer to flick and its been going nicely as well. I was surprised though. I thought I would notice more distance from my saint to the flow and didnt notice much. But with the Bolt I notice a ton. I use my flow for flick and overhead shots. I usually throw max weight discs. I find that when I go too light I tend to flip them. Do you have that problem with the air bolt?

Honestly I only throw BH. So couldn't really say about OH or flicking it. I don't have the biggest arm but I love my GL Saint. Almost getting it out to 300' with just a touch of turn then it comes right back. So pretty to watch.

I love the saint also. I was throwing an opto only for a while but recently added a GL. They are both awesome. The opto is easy to big anhyzers and the GL has been dead straight. I havent thrown a disc from lat 64 I didnt like yet. I also got a westside northman from a friend which is pretty awesome as well.

The opto and the gl are so different. The opto is very os and the gl is very manageable.

This may be true, but for my experience the stability difference I have seen from GL to Opto is negligible. This could just be my opinion or the way I throw, but the only real difference i see between the two plastic types is tactile sensation. To me, Gold Line is too slippery and I can not get as firm a grip on it as I can with Opto. I have a friend is who is just the opposite and therefore will only buy Gold Line.

They have the new recycled GL purest available. Just picked a couple up from gotta go gotta throw for $12 each. Excited to see how they fly and hold up!

Latest posts