• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] R-Pro Boss

EclipticOne

Birdie Member
I have recently purchased a 158g one and was pleasently surprised by the glide and ease of throwing with it. I didnt outdrive my destroyer, but i havent owned one for very long. One thing though was how easy it was dinged, I had thrown it like 5 times and twice into a tree 375' away and it was already dinged. I did have to put some good hyzer or it flipped easy though, i did enjoy throwing it and look forward to more.

Does anyone have good or bad thoughts on theirs?

I like my 161 (175 Champ was a bit much for me), but I don't really use it a lot because it needs a lot of room to work. Also, cause it dings so easy I only throw it on holes where it's not overly-rocky or wooded. Add all that together and I hardly ever get to use it. I mean, it's the highest speed disc with the softest plastic...not the most logical combination, especially if you can handle a heavier version in premium plastic.

Keep in mind, I've only used my 163g R-Pro Boss for one round, but I am pretty uncertain that it can be useful for a regular disc. The first several throws it flipped over and turned into a roller. I tried doing hyzer flips, but it was still too understable for that. Then I tried throwing at about 50-60% of my normal power, and it finally flew normal. Without putting much strength at all into the throw, it went nearly as long as my Wraith/Destroyer would have at full power (but not quite). I did notice it still took a bigger "S" than any of my other discs.

I don't know...It may be useful getting out of trouble when I can't throw full power because of restricted motion, but it still seems pretty unpredictable.

I have a 150 r-pro boss, and same as you guys, its is getting beat up so fast, its gonna be shot in 2 weeks. It needs a lot of room to flip and i am still not very accurate with it, but for a 150 i can get an easy 340' out of it.

when i threw it, it was pretty straight till the slow speed fade hit. it had barely S'ed at all. dont know what i did different but out at whistlers bend here the back nine is extremely open and a long straight disc is just what the doctor ordered for the 400'-500'+ holes