• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

recommendations for Charleston, SC?

magilla311

I'm going to be travelling to Charleston SC for business for a week. Any recommendations for courses in the area?

Trophy Lakes.

Well, depending on what you're looking for. Generally, Trophy Lakes is THE course to visit in the Charleston area. It's clean, challenging, well-designed, has 3 tees per hole, and lots of exciting water. I mean, LOTS of water. It's also pay-to-play and a great place to lose a lot of discs in said water.

I haven't played Sewee Outpost, but my Charleston friends are all very high on it. The other area courses are mostly extremely tight; Park Circle is pretty open.

Check with the Charleston Disc Golf Club. If they're running any kind of monthly on a temporary course at Hampton Park while you're there, forget everything else I posted and join them.

james island is the second spot to hit. surprisingly good, much better than johns island, haut gap or tidal creek.

Park Circle is easily accessible from downtown and is a decent course.

My more emphatic recommendation is: eat at Sermets on King and Wentworth. The food is pretty unreal. Coast is sublime for seafood better than the standard tourist fare.

Enjoy yourself. I went to school at C of C (pre disc golf unfortunately; missed some great courses) and have a huge affection for the city.

Play Trophy Lakes. I was in Charlseton for a wedding and snuck in two days at Trophy Lakes. I'm looking forward to playing it again someday.

Sewee and Trophy Lakes for sure. Kiawah is fun but tell guard gate you are going to Night Heron Park but I would not mention dg. Eagle Landing is also good if in N. Charleston and I heard the Weapons Station course was redesigned but on base and out towards Goose Creek, Cypress Gardens.

^ I am staying in Kiawah this June. Any reason why I shouldn't mention playing disc golf? Staying real close to Night Heron Park.