• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

REDNECK REVIEWED PAW PAW!

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=95&mode=rev#26895
Looks like Redneck Machismo had a heck of a time playin this WV course.
We are getting one side of the story, I would like to hear the OTHER SIDE.
Apparently as of this post, 7 others agree with this review.
Now I have never played this course and I know it's rated way up there.
How could there be such a big gap between RM's review and most of the others?
Lets hear from some of the easterners here!:popcorn:

I am from Maryland. I have played there lot. The owner is very generous. Course itself can be very challenge but i enjoy the challenege. Everytime I left there with good feeling. I never had bad experience there beside bad score haha. I like to camp there for the weekend. I dont agree with Redneck Machismo's comment. Possible owner was upset with him because he didnt pay course fee or possible other reason that RM didn't mention. I think his review of Paw Paw should be removed.

Myself personally I live in California and the furthest I have played away from home is Zephyr Cove in Nevada, just over the state line. That being said, I have not played Paw Paw, but it is on my wish list. Sounds to me like I'd really like this course, as I have played a few heavily wooded courses and I feel I have the finesse to earn so birdies. So anyway back to the topic at hand, how could this machismo guy have such a different take on this course.

I looked at his reviews and he consistently reviews courses lower than their average score, which makes me think he is a pessimist, or a perfectionist, either way I think us disc golfers should still try and play PAW PAW, I know I will! AMEN:hfive:

I am from Maryland. I have played there lot. The owner is very generous. Course itself can be very challenge but i enjoy the challenege. Everytime I left there with good feeling. I never had bad experience there beside bad score haha. I like to camp there for the weekend. I dont agree with Redneck Machismo's comment. Possible owner was upset with him because he didnt pay course fee or possible other reason that RM didn't mention. I think his review of Paw Paw should be removed.

It wouldn't surprise me if he was trimming up a little.:rolleyes: Someone else mentioned him getting run off of a course for playing on wet(Not yet ready) T-pads. So nothing will surprise me anymore as far as HE is concerned.:mad:

1945look-at-me-attention-whore%5B1%5D.jpg

What a maroon

The magnificent seven,:thmbup: are choosing to remain silent. I wonder what they found so helpful in that review?

The magnificent seven,:thmbup: are choosing to remain silent. I wonder what they found so helpful in that review?

yea and i didnt have a thumbs down there until redneck reviewed

The Flyboys breathe a sigh of relief, RedMacs out of town. I feel the need to drive to Georgia just so I could say that I have played a top 10 course, before he reviews it. I still say we take up some donations to send him to Nocky and Iron Hill.:popcorn:

Iron Hill had fairways.

i dont care if i get a thumbs down really, but i just wondered if redneck thumbed me down because i rated it highly. but thank you! it is a tough course but i had a blast!

I think he must have thumbed my review down as well....funny though I mentioned I thought the fairwys were unfair as well but I guess he diidnt read my review just looked at the rating. I say we and Spence go out and hunt him down....naaaah thats just the attention he craves.

His review alone dropped Woodshed's rating from a 4.65 to 4.32. Of the other 13 reviews, none was lower than a 4. Further reason outlier ratings need to be dropped. He can still writes his amusing reviews, but they shouldn't be hurting a course's overall rating.

The Woodshed and Whipping Post are what they are and are both aptly named. You go there to get your butt kicked (and play some challenging golf in a pristine environment). To criticize some of the fairways as excessively tight and reflect that some in your review and rating is fair if you don't enjoy that, but to find no redeeming values whatsoever when half of the holes are beautiful open holes across the meadows screams of an agenda. If his account of what happened is disputed by Spencer and Gabby than this statement " It was a scene right out of Deliverance. I was scared for my life and was forced to block the road to stop an oncoming car for my safety and to get this lunatic away from me. Play this course at your own risk." is potentially libelous.

You have to question why he would play this course after reading the previous reviews and making his distaste for tight fairways known in earlier reviews of other courses. Another way to read his review is "I stiffed the owner for the greens fee and he came after me".

I was pressed for time during my Paw Paw adventure; and then, spent a fair amount of time talking and trading with Spencer. Also, spoke with Gabby a bit. So, I only got to play The Woodshed. My traveling partner got in a good portion of Whippin' Post and he liked it; though said it was even tougher than Woodshed.

We both got our butts handed to us there, but, I enjoyed the experience and thought the course was "what it was." ....A challenging and tough track. I didn't find anything especially punitive about it. However, I have not, and probably will not, give a review, because it's a bit of a blur. My brother got married that weekend (which I had to sell a nice blue ionized basket given to me personally by Fiona/Steady Ed's wife; doh!!!...simply in order to make the trip.) We also played Patapsco and some others during that trip. I remember Patapsco better. The water hole, on Woodshed, is the one I especially remember as being tough and scary.
To my memory, the wooded holes were no more or less scary than many others elsewhere. Well, perhaps a little more scary; but not much....

whats funny is he has 8 thumbs up, what is helpful? he has more thumbs up than some people do for that review!

I think there is beginning to be a high ratings curve to this site. Front page reviews in recent times seem to give nearly every course a 3 or more (partially because more and more people seem to be playing top courses and not even bothering to review lesser ones). They can't all be threes or higher!

These thumbs up are either 1) persons who find the whole thing humorous 2) or those trying to let it be known that all courses shouldn't get 5s just because they have good atmosphere, or because people want thumbs up for saying nice things about a course. I think a back lash is beginning to build a little; for those who would like ratings to remain somewhat consistent. But....I am just guessing.

Latest posts