• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Registering for popular upcoming tournaments...?

Morg H

Hi gang - I'm fairly new to the scene, but have been playing for decades - and this summer I started playing in tournaments, which has been a blast!
After doing some research, I'm having a hard time figuring out when certain tournaments are scheduled for next year, and how I can be more prepared so I don't miss local amazing tournaments(like I missed the Beaver State Fling did this year).
Do you all have any techniques you're willing to share to make sure you get registered for a popular tourney?
Thanks for any tips!

DiscGolfScene is the best place to check for upcoming tournaments. That's also where you sign up for them at. If you see one you want to enter, make note of when registration opens and set a calendar alert on your phone to alert you to it. Also, check tournaments for specific registration details....so have early sign ups for sponsors - so you might want to consider sponsoring (usually you sponsor a hole). Or the tournament might have early sign up at an added cost.

Bill provided a lot of good information but I will add this, most of next years tournament dates (outside of DGPT) haven't been submitted and approved yet. I think the A-Tier cutoff is still a few weeks away for consideration for example. I check discgolfscene consistently to check for new tournaments in the area that have popped up overnight.

Thanks, fellas -
Yeah I just need to be checking DGS for tournaments more frequently and setting alarms for when registration opens...
I appreciate the advice! The tournaments this year have been great fun, and I'm looking forward to playing in more of the big ones next year :)

Latest posts