• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

RENNY REVIEW 2.0?

i havent seen a review yet that would make me decide whether to play or not to play a course and that one is no different....

Currently, the only baskets at Renny are in the Gold Position.

This is to allow the PROS who are playing Renny Gold in the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP to practice the layout before the tournament.

Giving Renny Gold a 2.0 is ignorant and shows lack of respect for one of the greatest courses in the nation.

The rating system on this site needs to be reviewed and this is proof.

Ox Chill. There is no need to get upset over a review. If you get upset every time someone doesn't like a course that you do or that you worked hard on you're gonna be one angry sum bich. people dont always like courses for different reasons and some arn't as good as others but that is why we have opinions. Just brush them off and move on.

Last edited:
You know the problem I have with this thread? The fact that there are other good, but perhaps not so well known courses that also get a low score from a "sourpuss noob who can't throw" player, and nobody goes and makes a rant thread for those courses like they do for when a 'marquee' course on here gets attacked.

I might also point out that most of those lesser known courses don't have 55 other reviews that cancel Mr. Sourpuss's low review score out.

You know the problem I have with this thread? The fact that there are other good, but perhaps not so well known courses that also get a low score from a "sourpuss noob who can't throw" player, and nobody goes and makes a rant thread for those courses like they do for when a 'marquee' course on here gets attacked.

I might also point out that most of those lesser known courses don't have 55 other reviews that cancel Mr. Sourpuss's low review score out.

This is Charlotte, though. It's the only city that matters.

i like this point. on the other hand, though, i've NEVER played a course that was significantly better than its rating, but i've played LOTS of courses that were over-rated.

I don't think the previous two posters realize who started this thread, and I don't think most of you realize that beyond what was said about the difficulty of the course the review was not informative or descriptive.

I'll also point out how laughable it is that some would say that the reviewers opinion should be valid but anyone who voices an opposing opinion should shut up.

Listen up champ, I never said you "should shut up", I just said "WTF?" So what if he doesn't like the course. And I also don't care who started it. You NC kids keep jumping in like pit bulls defending your course.

Listen up champ, I never said you "should shut up", I just said "WTF?" So what if he doesn't like the course. And I also don't care who started it. You NC kids keep jumping in like pit bulls defending your course.

Most of us could care less
This is Charlotte, though. It's the only city that matters.

So far only 3 from charlotte have posted here and Im one of those.......yea we're really making a fuss :rolleyes:

So far only 3 from charlotte have posted here and Im one of those.......yea we're really making a fuss :rolleyes:

I'm #2 and it's not a Charlotte thing for me. Just watch the masses go crazy when Flip City gets a 4. Now imagine if Flip City got a 2, then try and tell us it's a Charlotte thing.

Yeah, like Brave said, this is nothing compared to if somebody said something remotely negative about Idlewild, Flyboy, De La, or some similar course. Hell, there are tons of NC people that wouldn't pee on Renny if it was on fire b/c it is that tough of a course.

Some reviewers suck. They think the rest of us have the same needs and skills as they do. It doesn't take a large brain to do a neutral review and explain the challenges for players with ****t skills. Hell, I've got bad skills, and play many courses that kick my ass. That doesn't make them bad courses. He's simply not bright. speak your peace, and be bright enough to give it a score that reflects the design and features of the course.

I jumped in to defend the course like a pitbull? I must of posted something in a drunken haze because I don't remember doing that. I do recall saying that course difficulty should factor in to reviews... I just disagreed with how much he based his review on the difficulty.

I also said that overall the review wasn't informative and it isn't. That review could describe a lot of courses.

It doesn't take a large brain to do a neutral review and explain the challenges for players with ****t skills.

I agree with this. I am only saying I can see how someone would rate Renny a 2. I am a fan of the course, but I can see how some of its negatives could turn you off to it.

Weren't you the guy who sent me a rude pm about my review of a charlotte course. Then, when I responded, you never messaged me back.

My review was good (even though I know you marked it as unhelpful), and so was this guys. Just because someone doesn't give a course a high score doesn't mean it wasn't a good review. I learned much more from his comments then the actual 2/5 score.

PS: The only times people have marked my reviews as unhelpful is when I criticize a course. It's an opinion, get over yourself.

Heres our exchange:

Re: Ruins review
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ox
You just reviewed the plantation ruins at winget. You complained about the size of the teepads. They all measure five feet wide by ten feet long. Most holes are under 300. What kind of run up do you need ?????

Also, your review stated that there are almost no negatives about the course except trash cans and the course is above average for the area, yet you only gave a 3.0 ... ?

You reply :

Wow, no need to be hostile man. You're coming off very rude.

I may have mixed up the winget teepads with the ones at idlewild (which is something I can change about my review if you would like). This weekend had a lot going on. Also, a rating of 3 is considered "good" and winget was a good course. I said it was above average in general, which is why I didn't give it a rating of 2.5, it was better than average. It lacked a little bit for me that would put it on the level that a course like Angry Beaver would be (which I would rate at a 3.5-4). As you said, most holes are under 300 ft, which for me, is limiting what this course could be. The addition of alternate tees for a couple of the open holes to make them longer/more demanding would add a lot more variety to the course. I stated it has a lot of potential in my review.

It's clear that you have some concerns with my review, and I appreciate you for messaging me about it. However, and I'm not sure if this is your intent, but your message was pretty rude for no real reason. If you have concerns with my review/ other peoples reviews in the future, I would suggest voicing your concerns in a more open manner instead of in a demeaning tone. It would go over a lot better.

Wow, no need to be hostile man. You're coming off very rude. Really ?

I may have mixed up the winget teepads Get your facts straight

...your message was pretty rude for no real reason.Icehouse and hard work

I sent the original PM to get feedback ... privately.

Yet you post the conversation publicly...

I think my review was a good one, especially since I went back and corrected my comment about the teepads. I made a mistake, I played 4 new courses in 2 days and got the teepads for 2 of them mixed up (It's not an issue of "getting my facts straight" just a common mistake).

I gave it a 3 because it was above average, yet could have been much better. When you messaged me I gave you feedback and more reasoning behind my review. Did I not provide enough information or handle your concerns correctly?

All I'm saying is there is no reason to get bent up about every negative review. It doesn't really matter.

Last edited:
I agree with this. I am only saying I can see how someone would rate Renny a 2. I am a fan of the course, but I can see how some of its negatives could turn you off to it.

The problem with that idea, and the initial argument altogether is that a 2.0 means the course is below normal. I'd love to live in a world where the majority of courses are better than Renny.

It's also funny that nobody seems to have noticed the guy changed his review to a 5.0. He went from being petty and purposely under-rating the course to being petty and intentionally over-rating the course.

It's also funny that nobody seems to have noticed the guy changed his review to a 5.0. He went from being petty and purposely under-rating the course to being petty and intentionally over-rating the course.

I noticed it when I first came to this thread - initially couldn't figure out what the OP was pointing out and saw the "revised" note. Then I read all the nonsense in here and understood.

I can understand the NC folks getting irritated - they've put a lot into their courses and are getting ready to host what will probably be the best tournament ever held. That said, it is one man's opinion (which he obviously wasn't that married to) and not worth all of this.

I remember reading some similar backlash after someone rated Idlewild a 1.0 a couple of years ago because it was too hard. And, we all survived - although if someone would have PM'd him and others would have publicly vilified him perhaps we could have gotten him to change it to a 5.0 - guess we'll never know.

images

The problem with that idea, and the initial argument altogether is that a 2.0 means the course is below normal. I'd love to live in a world where the majority of courses are better than Renny.

Fair enough. I simply want to believe his review is sincere. Him changing it to a 5 hurts that, but maybe he felt harassed.

Latest posts