• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Research Park in College Station, TX

BrainStorm69

Par Member
Is the course in good shape now? I see that's what's being reported now on its page here, but I was down there in June and it was ridiculously bad. No signage anywhere. No locals playing. Apparently an out-of-date map back then. My son (who is now going to A&M) and I couldn't even get through about 3 or 4 holes before we gave up because nothing was marked and we couldn't figure out the course. Not to mention it needed mowing badly (grass was about a foot and a half tall everywhere), so I was quite concerned about chiggers (thankfully we didn't get any) and I almost lost a disc in the grass on a fairway.

Anyway, I'm just curious as to whether it really is in better shape. I might try to go play it with my son the next time I'm down there if there are some signs, etc. and it's been mowed.

10685534_10202935958387330_40539049876868406_n.jpg

10418849_10202935958667337_8933741083335514578_n.jpg

these pics of hole #5 are courtesy of Midnightbiker, from yesterday.

Thanks, guys. I did play it last weekend, and the course was in considerable better shape than it was in June. All the work was done on the tee boxes, and the course map from here was quite helpful, although the numbers are so small it is hard to read.

Interesting course, and now worth playing IMHO. Playing from the short tees, it's actually pretty technical for what appears to be a relatively open course. Baskets are frequently near trees or you have to throw through trees to get to baskets in open areas.

I'm a small arm, but still managed to shoot a 3 down from the shorts. My nephew, who has a fairly big arm, didn't like the course so well, at least not form the short tees (he shot a 2 up, very unusual for him to be over par). My two brothers and my son liked it ok, but all shot over par.

Latest posts