• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Review Thread - AGame Disc Golf Backpack

Mike C

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Recently I ordered myself a 30$ Disc Golf Back Pack by AGame This will serve as a review & impressions thread for this disc golf bag.

Today was my first day using the bag. I played 18 holes in fair weather and it met my expectations. Below is a video overview I shot on the course, and below that I'll follow with a text review based on my first impressions.

AGame Disc Golf Bag Review​

The Good

* Comfortable
* Lightweight
* Plenty of storage for accessories
* 2 32oz water bottle holders
* Accessory straps to secure stools, umbrellas or tripods. Can also be used to attach towels etc.
* Internal foam layer throughout the entire bag (Sides, top & bottom)
* Rigid plastic insert in the bottom of the bag
* All of the zippers feel smooth and operate perfectly
* Plastic rails on the bottom reduce damage to the fabric
* Has no issues standing upright loaded as seen in the picture below
* Central storage easily fits 25-30 discs, more can be carried utilizing side pockets (*Used a mix of putters, mids and drivers for these numbers)

The Bad

* Drink holders seem a little flimsy on the top half
* Straps could be a bit thicker and wider
* The carry handle at the top is undersized for my hands (XL)
* With the bag fully loaded the bottom curves and sags in the middle a bit, contacting the ground some. This could lead to wear between the rails. If the problem persists with my lighter typical golf load I'll add another piece of rigid material to the bottom of the bag or some internal PVC pipe rails to raise the discs up 1/2"
* Only offered in one color.

Verdict

I'm happy with it. My complaints are pretty minor considering the AGame seems to be a well made, well designed disc golf back pack for 30$.

PS - If you have suggestions for a compact mic I could use for videos like this in the future, let me know. Shooting with a canon vixia rf700

Attachments

• TuGVLj8.jpg
    TuGVLj8.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 117
Mike, you can fix the bottom bowing issue easily by buying a $1.89 plastic cutting board from Wal-Mart. This bag is the Magellan bag redesigned -- most of it is the same actually.

By design, they had to eliminate the two top zippered pockets, one for discs and one for misc items. I'd really miss the misc items pocket on top, easy and quick access to a birdie bag, etc. Otherwise the design seems ok, how are the side supports? Are there any?

Mike, you can fix the bottom bowing issue easily by buying a $1.89 plastic cutting board from Wal-Mart. This bag is the Magellan bag redesigned -- most of it is the same actually.

By design, they had to eliminate the two top zippered pockets, one for discs and one for misc items. I'd really miss the misc items pocket on top, easy and quick access to a birdie bag, etc. Otherwise the design seems ok, how are the side supports? Are there any?

I plan to reinforce the bottom. Not sure if I'm going to use two PVC pipes to raise the discs 1/2", or use some sort of plastic insert, but I'll figure something out. The bottom sagging won't be a big issue for me with a regular load I'd imagine...I plan to keep 12-16 discs in there for most courses.

My last backpack had a top zipper pouch so this design is different for me too. I think it will work out. The horizontal disc slots can be used to hold gear as well as discs...I tried. With the tripod taking up one of the large side pocket I still had plenty of space, so rounds I'm not filming I'll have extra room leftover I'm sure.

That's cool that it makes its own divider inside. You could stuff a hoodie in one side and have the other full of discs.

I thought it looked like in the taco pockets on the side, that there is a pocket inside the pocket? Am I seeing things?

Thanks for the review :D

Got mine delivered to work. Had five people stop and compliment the backpack not knowing it was a disc golf backpack. One said they were going to order one to use as a regular backpack. Lulz.

That's cool that it makes its own divider inside. You could stuff a hoodie in one side and have the other full of discs.

I thought it looked like in the taco pockets on the side, that there is a pocket inside the pocket? Am I seeing things?

Thanks for the review :D

Good eye! The right side pocket has a soft sleeve sewn in that's designed to hold your phone. Works great, helps keep keys etc. from scratching it.

I had this on my Amazon wishlist and my sister got it for me today for my birthday.

First impression - EXCELLENT deal for the money. Could it be made of nicer/thicker quality material? Sure. But for the price, it seems pretty darn solid. I have 27 discs in it a the moment, with room for 4 more in the two side pockets if I wanted. I'll likely only carry 15-20, but I'm very impressed.

Nothing bad to say about mine. Its been in dirt, rain, mud and has been tossed around plenty. Looks great.

It looks like the AGame will stand up by itself without having to do the homemade framing job like the Magellan. Definitely an improvement. My Magellan is only about 6 months old but this is looking pretty good.

It looks like the AGame will stand up by itself without having to do the homemade framing job like the Magellan. Definitely an improvement. My Magellan is only about 6 months old but this is looking pretty good.

Yeah, it stands up REALLY well. The two rails on the bottom seemed sketchy at first to me, because they are not attached to the ends, ie they detach from the bottom of the bag at either end. Turns out this allows the rails to balance a little bit. This bag stands straight up and down like no other bag I have used.

I bought one of these recently when they were put on clearance for $19.98. The smaller ones are $9.98. A kid at my local store said they don't restock clearance items. That store was out of the small but had a few large.

You can add a $5.01 item to get it over $24.99 and free shipping.

I think a cheap disc set are also on closeout for $7.48 online. (regular $9.99)

I am new so I bought the small one, then the price went down within a week so I got them to price-match themselves.

I wasn't going to buy the backpack but I had a 20% off code which made it $16 so I couldn't resist.

Not sure how many more they have left. They could come out with a new model next year but my guess is they will quit carrying them after they sell out. Or maybe carry a different brand or dedicate the shelf space to something else.

I took the shoulder strap from the small bag and am using it on the backpack. My course is rather small.

anyone still using their agame bag? they are still selling them a year later and i'm thinking of grabbing one

Had mine for over 2 years but not getting out regularly so can't comment fully on durability (other than garage wear and tear from moving, hanging, etc). Probably 40-50 rounds total on it. Works for me. My preference would be for a stiffer bag all around but I am a cheap skate so for the price it works great.

Love the bag and I paid full price for it.

A better bag for the same price is the Athletico backpack at just under $40, the bag has a stiffer side to it being the side storage on left side is a cooler bag. Athletico is better for storage as on the front zipper flap it has a small pouch that the AGame bag does not. Athletico bag is only sold on Amazon. Both are not a bad bag in fact a Athletico bag is an improved version of the Agame.

Athletico bag:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C38G49...&pd_rd_r=39f03a85-eae7-11e8-a464-9d17b534f1da

I feel both are fine as long as you are not using the original Disc Golf Agame like bag, Magellan as those basically fell apart for most players after a year of about 1-3 times a week playing due to using the thin windbreaker/tent nylon for the bag without a reinforcement fabric for the nylon on the inner side.

Last edited:

Latest posts