• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Right pec drill question

ertai

After doing many (continuing to do) hammer drills, I have been practicing the right pec drill (stand-still) for the past couple of weeks. After the weight shift, the elbow has chopped and the forearm is slinging out and slightly ahead of my body (forearm has not yet reached perpendicular to the upper arm - shoulders still perpendicular to the target). At this point, I pound the hammer (extend the wrist, with a slight lag on gripping down hard) and at the same time pull through with my shoulder. With a putter, I am getting ~200 ft. (measured on soccer field) of distance on a flat, low line (~8 ft.) - sometimes I hear the disc after release (longer throws), other times I do not (slightly shorter throws).

Question is: after the weight shift, is this thinking of hammer and at the same time pull through correct? If the trick is to accelerate the disc as it goes into and through the turn of the rail, then this order seems correct. Anyone with 500+ ft. of distance want to verify?

Ah ok - I was under the impression that there was manual extension of the wrist needed, but according to Blake there isn't. Otherwise, everything else in that diagram (the 2nd diagram edited by Blake) matches up to what I'm doing. Great to know - thanks sidewinder!

Latest posts