• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] River Pro

If the River Pro is a more stable/slightly OS version, I'd personally hope that they hit something like the Eagle X. I am personally happy to cover all of my fairway slots with various Eagles. River/River Pro could possibly be a similarly awesome fairway pairing.

The convict is the closest thing I've thrown to an eagle-X, but a little faster. The OLF is even a little faster than the convict but has similar flight/feel to the eagle-X but it's pushing into distance driver territory.

For me, the convict + stag is my eagle-X/L. The most stable rivers were still just a little too flippy for me. I do think the river/pro will be a good pairing for fairways though, like a teebird/leopard pairing.

The convict is the closest thing I've thrown to an eagle-X, but a little faster. The OLF is even a little faster than the convict but has similar flight/feel to the eagle-X but it's pushing into distance driver territory.

For me, the convict + stag is my eagle-X/L. The most stable rivers were still just a little too flippy for me. I do think the river/pro will be a good pairing for fairways though, like a teebird/leopard pairing.

I assume you never tried a heavy frost river? Incredibly well balanced for me where my 178g gold is flippy. The frost is my most frequent choice of the tee, on a short heavily wooded course. I probably would score even better throwing overstable mids but I just love to get those perfect HF turnovers to cover good distance and stay on the fairway hunting birdies. :)

I love speed 7 discs and I think I've found mine in the River/Pro combo, one beat in Frost River for US, beat in Pro for neutral and fresh Pro for overstable. Will probably keep the Teebird in the bag for strong headwinds and hyzerbombs.

I assume you never tried a heavy frost river? Incredibly well balanced for me where my 178g gold is flippy. The frost is my most frequent choice of the tee, on a short heavily wooded course.

No, because the availability of frost line rivers isn't good enough for me to pursue that option. The domiest opto rivers are only as stable as the most stable champion leopards I've thrown - to say that they are still turning drivers for me.

I rely quite a bit on my mids and putters on heavily wooded courses.

I assume you never tried a heavy frost river? Incredibly well balanced for me where my 178g gold is flippy. The frost is my most frequent choice of the tee, on a short heavily wooded course. I probably would score even better throwing overstable mids but I just love to get those perfect HF turnovers to cover good distance and stay on the fairway hunting birdies. :)

I love speed 7 discs and I think I've found mine in the River/Pro combo, one beat in Frost River for US, beat in Pro for neutral and fresh Pro for overstable. Will probably keep the Teebird in the bag for strong headwinds and hyzerbombs.

I tried and am liking the Moonshine (Glow) River. Plastic feels a lot like GL (a very good thing), but the Moomshine is more stable-to-overstable. It will season in over time, I'm sure, but hopefully not as fast and as much as the GL Rivers do.

Between the Banshee and the Champion TL, I don't really have a place for the River Pro nor the Teebird...

I don't really have a place for the ... the Teebird...

:eek::eek:

wha??? The only reason for other discs is because they do things a Teebird can't, which is almost nothing. Only kind of joking, I wouldn't have so many discs in my bag if I really felt this way, but sometimes I think about it. Envy, Compass, 3 or 4 Teebirds in different plastics.

I have tried a Spark and it is more OS than I have use for, very little glide, it and the xXx are too situational I can use a Felon or Anchor or... Teebird to cover those shots. Hearing the River Pro is more like a Rival has me excited, very excited. Star Teebirds take too long to beat in to where I want them to be. The River Pro sounds perfect fit like a conditioned Star Teebird in less time. Based on how a lot of my Trilogy plastic seasons beat up River Pro could also replace my regular Rivers.

No, because the availability of frost line rivers isn't good enough for me to pursue that option. The domiest opto rivers are only as stable as the most stable champion leopards I've thrown - to say that they are still turning drivers for me.

I rely quite a bit on my mids and putters on heavily wooded courses.

So true on availability of Frost Line Rivers. I'm looking for some in the 160s and can't find one. Frost is definitely the most stable plastic for Rivers.

:eek::eek:

wha??? The only reason for other discs is because they do things a Teebird can't, which is almost nothing. Only kind of joking, I wouldn't have so many discs in my bag if I really felt this way, but sometimes I think about it. Envy, Compass, 3 or 4 Teebirds in different plastics.

I have tried a Spark and it is more OS than I have use for, very little glide, it and the xXx are too situational I can use a Felon or Anchor or... Teebird to cover those shots. Hearing the River Pro is more like a Rival has me excited, very excited. Star Teebirds take too long to beat in to where I want them to be. The River Pro sounds perfect fit like a conditioned Star Teebird in less time. Based on how a lot of my Trilogy plastic seasons beat up River Pro could also replace my regular Rivers.

I've tried a few Teebirds, and the only one that ever worked for mr was a DX Teebird that flies like my TLs. I've just not been able to get Star and Champ Teebirds to work for me, and the Banshee works for OS "Firebird-Lite" utility duties. I may be in the small minority, but the Teebird is not for me.

I've tried a few Teebirds, and the only one that ever worked for mr was a DX Teebird that flies like my TLs. I've just not been able to get Star and Champ Teebirds to work for me, and the Banshee works for OS "Firebird-Lite" utility duties. I may be in the small minority, but the Teebird is not for me.

Try a GStar. Apparently all the Go-To molds from Innova don't work for you (Roc, Aviar, TeeBird, FireBird, doesn't have the armspeed for a Destroyer)

Try a GStar. Apparently all the Go-To molds from Innova don't work for you (Roc, Aviar, TeeBird, FireBird, doesn't have the armspeed for a Destroyer)

I'm sure you know I don't like GStar.

BTW, I like the Roc3 fine, and I have a Glow Roc if I throw an "all-Glow" bag. I'm good with the Classic Aviar, and the P&A is okay. I love the Aviar3. I have a Sexton Firebird; nice utility disc and headwind disc for me. No, the Destroyer is not for my noodle arm.

I'm glad Innova and others make discs that do work for me. Nothing wrong with the TL. Sidewinder is awesome. The Tern is a near "go-to" classic. And OF COURSE there's the Pink Panther, which Innova puts in their Champion starter sets.

I tried and am liking the Moonshine (Glow) River. Plastic feels a lot like GL (a very good thing), but the Moomshine is more stable-to-overstable. It will season in over time, I'm sure, but hopefully not as fast and as much as the GL Rivers do.

Between the Banshee and the Champion TL, I don't really have a place for the River Pro nor the Teebird...

Is the Moonshine notebly more stable than the opto plastic? Haven't done too much testing since I want to beat in my Gold Saint Pro first and the compass is stable even in gold.
I think the River Pro is very close to a TL, which is quarter of a tic more stable than the Rival if I remember right?

So true on availability of Frost Line Rivers. I'm looking for some in the 160s and can't find one. Frost is definitely the most stable plastic for Rivers.

That's sad to hear, the web shop I would buy trilogy plastic from have 3 frost river at home, 165-167g... If they had one 170+ I would order it. :p
Let me know if it would be worth for you to pay the crazy shipping from Sweden.

Is the Moonshine notebly more stable than the opto plastic? Haven't done too much testing since I want to beat in my Gold Saint Pro first and the compass is stable even in gold.

I only have one Opto River, which is clear with a stamp that blends in with the ground a little too much. But it was the same stability as a fresh new Gold Line River. So I'd say the Moonshine River is a little more overstable than the Opto and GL editions. My hope is that the Moonshine River will beat in more slowly and reach and stay in a good 'sweet spot'.

So, played a round in Eugene Oregon, had a nice local guide us through the course, which was in rough shape - he let me throw his River Pro - starts out straight for a medium power thrower, but the fade is ridiculous, in a good way. I hope to replace the OS high speed stuff I use for these shots with this.

Suppose a Saint Pro or Spark would do the job as well, but it felt very River-like in the hand.

From the Trilogy Challenge webpage,

"the discs in the player packs will be unreleased until the Trilogy Öppna in Emporia, Kansas on September 17th-18th"

Got myself a second River Pro, white this time. Slightly imperfect on lower rim edge where trimmings are found, as if the inner side of the rim are lower than the outer. Interesting to see what this will do to flight.

Our local TC is on Saturday and Im really looking forward to finally trying this disc out. The Pine sounds like a winner and the Deputy seems to be serviceable, but even after all these posts the River Pro seems to be a bit of an enigma.

Latest posts