• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rusch Bags Bag

rusch_bag said:
While the stag isn't the disc you thought it was I still heard it has some turn in it if you throw it hard which is still not what I was hoping for. Probably just sticking with teebirds.

I don't know if the production discs are the same shape as the the prototype even though the owner said it should come into production essentially the same. Knowing who makes them makes everything a crap shoot. Looking at it it seemed robust enough like Star Eagle X that should not turn except with a dome that is taller than those beefy flatter SEXs that won't turn. Domey SEXs are more likely to turn. Since the speed is one Innova rating higher and the HSS is a question mark for me and the production often has variances between discs you might be able to find non turning Stags and turning Stags acting like the stability range of Eagles from beefy SEXs to Eagle L for all we know at this point. But at speed 8 so it is a bag building exercise too and i'm not sure that anyone should try to replace Teebirds 100 % with these because to me it seems Eagles are the intended replacements.

I only have 167 GL blue Saint and that plastic made Flows flippy so i don't know how all Saints behave. Mine is so flippy that i don't see how the proto Stag could be anywhere as understable as that Saint. Which could be the understable edge of a broad range of stabilities. If the production Stags fly like the proto looks like and the better Saints and DD variants do the same my respect for the Saint grew a lot. But i've always suspected that mine is the newb kind Saint not representing the whole production. Too bad i'm not an Eagle guy.

I'm wondering if the Stag will be like a shorter non tweener but true fairway driver PD competitor. It depends on if there are beefier examples that can handle winds as well.

PMantle said:
I'm not real happy with my Stratus right now. Better replacement: Tursas or Meteor?

If either because you did not tell how you would like the replacement to fly. HSS, LSS, speed, glide, distance...

PMantle The Stratus is super understable and basically a paper plate, some lids, and Optimizers/Maximizers are as understable. It will take something much more HSS to simulate slower flight than any kind of Monarch and Vulcan and the Vulcans i've tried are flippy like you now. Have you thrown Latitude Fuse or Discraft Comet and not having thrown one possibly a Glide could work too. If you weren't against trying out new Innova discs for you, i'd suggest the Coyote or the Panther.

JR said:
PMantle The Stratus is super understable and basically a paper plate, some lids, and Optimizers/Maximizers are as understable. It will take something much more HSS to simulate slower flight than any kind of Monarch and Vulcan and the Vulcans i've tried are flippy like you now. Have you thrown Latitude Fuse or Discraft Comet and not having thrown one possibly a Glide could work too. If you weren't against trying out new Innova discs for you, i'd suggest the Coyote or the Panther.
I think I just really don't like Elite X. I will probably try something a bit more firm in a similar flying disc. My Comet does not have the turn I want for that slot. My Wedge is too short. The Meteors in my local store are all 177.

The Vulcan/Monarch thing was a joke.

rusch_bag said:
Well after trying a lot of Latitude/westside/DD I have learned that I like the mercy, the saint, and the giant. I an undecided on the trespass still, but the mids were unimpressive, the striker was inconsistent, the havoc and bolt could only be thrown in a tailwind, the trident was just weird, and I have too many firebirds to throw the XXX. I think I am putting rocs back in, I want to see what the stag does, but I think I am going to use the Stag/Saint combo, and go with giants and destroyers or maybe cannons. Is rocs to saints to big of a gap?

TLDR
Mercys
Rocs
Saints
Stags
Either the cannon, trespass, or destroyer
Giants

your thread got jacked for a minute there...

I don't think that gap b/w roc and saint is too big. You could try the Mace/Fugitive to see if that fills it for you.
I suggest the Sword if you haven't tried it already.

PMantle said:
JR said:
I think I just really don't like Elite X. I will probably try something a bit more firm in a similar flying disc. My Comet does not have the turn I want for that slot. My Wedge is too short. The Meteors in my local store are all 177.

The Vulcan/Monarch thing was a joke.

The Tursas prototype i fondled was the floppiest yet stiffer than X VIP/Opto i've held with some tackiness. Softer and tackier than Opto Pure. All those other discs i mentioned are more HSS and X Comets would break into equally flippy over time even though on a pure release when new they won't flip at all. Releasing anny is what i thought the Comets for because they hold the angles beautifully in softer plastics even at shorter ranges. But feel wise it does not help if you use the X. Z and ESP take too long to break in i'm afraid. I hear D Buzzes break in quickly but they get softer so if it is the softness that bugs you it doesn't help either. In tougher plastics Fuse and possibly a Flying Squirrel from ABC discs could work. I've not thrown the latter but some here like discspeed i think like them for the flip. If releasing anny is not a problem is Millennium plastic Aurora MS too soft for you? Or QMS for that matter because they tend to be soft. Even though hard ones have been made especially earlier.