• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Saint Pro vs Striker

Nenja

Eagle Member
I hope this isn't a beat up subject since my searches didn't find a great comparison.

I'm trying to figure out the best partner for my beloved Frost Saints.

The FDs and FDs make out a big part of my confidence, even though I play heavily wooded courses I like to go for a controlled drive with a FD over a ripped out mid, probably because I'm still new and have issues throwing hard with accuracy.

The line up will be:
Rivers + Rival
Saint + Saint Pro/Striker

Since I want to hold the mold count down this became a tricky decision for me, I love all 5 but feel the overlap is a bit too much.

When you look at the flight charts, the two would fly identical for a 300' throw. Both handles head wind great even though my few throws with both makes me feel even more confident in the Striker in this regard.

How did you choose between the two? At first I thought about picking out the Rival but the field testing showed me its notebly less stable then the two when thrown 300' and therefore will suit me better as the OS buddy to my Rivers.

Last edited:
According to striker throwers... it depends on what run strikers you have.

Saint pro was not significantly longer than a rival when I threw it and you may find as well that there is going to be a lot of overlap with no real remarkable differences.

The Saint Pros never really did anything for me. I've got some if you're interested in giving them a shot though, maybe they'll do well for you. I think they'll overlap too much with a Frost Saint though. If you're going by the flight numbers, take that with a grain of salt. I've thrown plenty of Saint Pros and have yet to find one that has that strong of a fade. For me I'd say I'd call the Saint Pro a 8(maybe 9)/5/0/2. They're not that great in the wind. And they develop a tick of turn fairly early in they're break in process (mostly wooded for me too). Other may disagree. Just my experience with them. I took them out and went to the Thunderbird two years ago and never looked back. DX Thunderbirds are money. Champs are great. Stars are more OS than both. Also consider the Convict. Also a fantastic disc and is actually very close to kicking my Thunderbirds out, as sad as that makes me, its true. The Culverin might be a good option to consider as well.

According to striker throwers... it depends on what run strikers you have.

Saint pro was not significantly longer than a rival when I threw it and you may find as well that there is going to be a lot of overlap with no real remarkable differences.

I see, mine is quite domey and seem very stable, I would easily call it 0 2.

Maybe my Rival is unusually US even though it's 175g which the other disks aren't. Have to give the field another go.

The Saint Pros never really did anything for me. I've got some if you're interested in giving them a shot though, maybe they'll do well for you. I think they'll overlap too much with a Frost Saint though. If you're going by the flight numbers, take that with a grain of salt. I've thrown plenty of Saint Pros and have yet to find one that has that strong of a fade. For me I'd say I'd call the Saint Pro a 8(maybe 9)/5/0/2.

I hear you. Unfortunately I live in Sweden so even though I would love to my student economy might be in the way...

Very interesting, my gold feel quite OS and hopefully the Moonshine on the way won't be less so. Thank you very much. <3

I see, mine is quite domey and seem very stable, I would easily call it 0 2.

Maybe my Rival is unusually US even though it's 175g which the other disks aren't. Have to give the field another go.

I hear you. Unfortunately I live in Sweden so even though I would love to my student economy might be in the way...

Very interesting, my gold feel quite OS and hopefully the Moonshine on the way won't be less so. Thank you very much. <3

I didnt realize you were in Sweden! The mooshines are supposedly more OS than other plastics so you should be ok in that respect.

As to the Rival. I bag a 171 Icon Rival thats starting to turn slightly. You could try a Pinnacle Rival. I added one of those to the bag and its much more stable than the Icon. I dont care for champion type plastics most of the time though so Im going to try a new, max weight Icon. Unless the River Pro is everything I'm hoping it is... then the Rival maybe sadly be retired.

I went with the Longbowman instead of the Saint Pro as my stable to overstable fairway driver. The TP will beat in to a reliable straight flying fairway while the VIP retains it's stability a bit longer, and is more overstable to begin with.

I didnt realize you were in Sweden! The mooshines are supposedly more OS than other plastics so you should be ok in that respect.

As to the Rival. I bag a 171 Icon Rival thats starting to turn slightly. You could try a Pinnacle Rival. I added one of those to the bag and its much more stable than the Icon. I dont care for champion type plastics most of the time though so Im going to try a new, max weight Icon. Unless the River Pro is everything I'm hoping it is... then the Rival maybe sadly be retired.

Mine is actually a 175g Pinnacle, I bet it's just slightly beaten in and that my bad form is creating the turn. I have to go 100% to get out to 350' but with a light hyzer and some headwind it didn't really turn like the less stable disks.

I went with the Longbowman instead of the Saint Pro as my stable to overstable fairway driver. The TP will beat in to a reliable straight flying fairway while the VIP retains it's stability a bit longer, and is more overstable to begin with.

Interesting!

As for the Saint Pro I find my brand new gold to be just as or even slightly more stable than the Rival. The Striker. Might end up back in the bag after next field session because I was really impressed by it. Right now I feel it might overlap too much with my Flows that intend to cycle as go-to DDs when I want to push harder than my Saint allows without a big S-curve.

Next chance will be Saint Pro, Striker and Flow headwind comparison.

I have both a Saint Pro and a Striker, both Opto, both low 170s, both about 7/10 condition. I'd give the Saint Pro flight numbers of 9/6/-1/2, and the Striker 9/5/0/2. The Saint Pro is not a good headwind disc; the Striker is better, but I still wouldn't throw it into a heavy wind. I bag the Saint Pro since it's a little longer for me.

If I were you I'd pick the one that gives me the most confidence and add a more overstable disc like a Firebird or Predator for headwinds. If you really want to minimize molds, the Thunderbird, as suggested, sounds like it could cover both the Saint Pro/Striker slot and the headwind slot.

I have both a Saint Pro and a Striker, both Opto, both low 170s, both about 7/10 condition. I'd give the Saint Pro flight numbers of 9/6/-1/2, and the Striker 9/5/0/2. The Saint Pro is not a good headwind disc; the Striker is better, but I still wouldn't throw it into a heavy wind. I bag the Saint Pro since it's a little longer for me.

If I were you I'd pick the one that gives me the most confidence and add a more overstable disc like a Firebird or Predator for headwinds. If you really want to minimize molds, the Thunderbird, as suggested, sounds like it could cover both the Saint Pro/Striker slot and the headwind slot.

Sounds close to my experience, I don't intend to throw the Saint Pro 350' (this I use the Flow or Bolt to achieve) but rather as an overstable alternative to my Rivers for <300' tunnel shots. The Moonlight seemed a tick more stable the 2 throws I got out with it and now is bagged in this slot.
The Striker is right between this and my beat in flow, which will be paired with an overstable fresh Flow. The second (pop-top) will handle all the headwind I can emagine.

If I wanted to keep discs down I would probably replace beat in Flow and Saint Pro with the Striker, great disc!

I carry saints, saint pro, and longbowman.
I have a few strikers, and all of mine are much more overstable than saint pros.
They very similar or even a little more stable than some of my longbowman.

The Saint Pro never worked for me - not enough HSS, too much fade. In my windy swedish conditions with my bad form, quite unusable. I also went with the Longbowman instead, the Culverin might be an option as well (Westside stamps just look better...).

I had the Striker in my bag for a while, it's the same slot as the Saint or Escape for me, though the Striker is the more overstable of the three.

Does JohnE still throw them?

oh, I forgot - I might still have the Culverin if you want to try it send me a pm...

I carry saints, saint pro, and longbowman.
I have a few strikers, and all of mine are much more overstable than saint pros.
They very similar or even a little more stable than some of my longbowman.

They're crazy stable right! So much that when I get my arm speed going I might bag it next to my Saint, which I can hyzerflip to 330'. I bet the Striker can go as far but in a headwind...

The Saint Pro never worked for me - not enough HSS, too much fade. In my windy swedish conditions with my bad form, quite unusable. I also went with the Longbowman instead, the Culverin might be an option as well (Westside stamps just look better...).

I had the Striker in my bag for a while, it's the same slot as the Saint or Escape for me, though the Striker is the more overstable of the three.

Does JohnE still throw them?

Interesting! Maybe one should just get one of them Teebirds and accept that Innova got that perfect mold down long agoo. :)

I would love to try the Culverin, gotta look it up.

Latest posts