• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs DGX Disc Golf Shoe

I hope these sell really well. The better they sell the more likely we are to see more disc golf shoes in the future, be it from Salient or other companies. Also, if they sell well you will probably see them add more sizes and colors. Plus they might be able to lower the price.

I hope these sell really well. The better they sell the more likely we are to see more disc golf shoes in the future, be it from Salient or other companies. Also, if they sell well you will probably see them add more sizes and colors. Plus they might be able to lower the price.

You are correct roc.

If anybody thinks that any shoe can stand up to disc golf you are crazy. With that being said, these shoes look like they will hold up about the same as any pair sold at walmart. Sole doesn't go up the sides. No Toe Cap. Lug pattern is ok but the shoe will wear out faster. Price point is about $40 to high for the quality of the products. Shoe looks like it was designed by a 4 year old. The shoe really does look cheap.

Closing remarks. I wonder how many pairs will be sold without shoelaces.

If anybody thinks that any shoe can stand up to disc golf you are crazy. With that being said, these shoes look like they will hold up about the same as any pair sold at walmart. Sole doesn't go up the sides. No Toe Cap. Lug pattern is ok but the shoe will wear out faster. Price point is about $40 to high for the quality of the products. Shoe looks like it was designed by a 4 year old. The shoe really does look cheap.

Closing remarks. I wonder how many pairs will be sold without shoelaces.

:wall:

Lulz

Despite my general distaste with Salient, and the bold-faced attempt to counter my review of their product (no, I haven't let that go) I was actually a little interested in these...

...until someone pointed out that DD is making shoes. I'll wait for those.

Salient has a ton of potential. The Cryo plastic is awesome, and the Liquid is great as well. The two discs released so far, in my opinion, are lackluster at best. The bag was a bust. Maybe these shoes will be awesome, hell, I don't know. But at five foot ten with Flinstone feet, they likely wouldn't fit me anyway.

I can't confirm that as of right now we have not determined the post preorder price other than it's going to be more than the pre order price. But if I had to put a number I'd say it will be right around $100 shipped after pre order.

You can go and add a pair to your cart at www.salientdiscgolf.com and yes, shipping is $15. Why couldn't you just say that Scott? Did you not know? Why couldn't you just say they are $95 shipped to you door instead of continuing this salient speak by saying this "less than $100" bull****. Stop being beating around the bush, using fancy words, and be honest and straightforward. You guys have already dug a huge hole, stop digging it deeper.

Also, the boldpart above? WHY ARE YOU GUESSING? Why haven't you decided what the post-preorder price will be yet? Waiting to see if you can charge more if they do well? Don't hold your breath. Do you really expect us to believe that mark up after preorder is going to be only 5 bucks? Seriously, why would anyone preorder if they're $95 shipped now, and $100 shipped after preorder? Consumers are keen on this stuff, esp disc golfers with preorders, why aren't you guys? I think you're taking on to much Scott, with this train wreck and you real job. Jump ship while you can, this boat is sinking fast.

One last marketing tip: just forget DGCR ever existed. Salient has a huge black eye and people aren't going to trust the company here for a long, long time.

Last edited:
Yes the price will be between $90-95, I thought I had put this in the first post but I edited it a few times before posting and must have deleted it. This gives the customer more of a reason to preorder. If it didn't go up then there is no incentive for preordering.

I see $15 see flat rate shipping as the only option on your site. And the shoes don't fluctuate in price by size correct? So how could it be b/t $90-95?

Stop bull****ting us! Give is straight answers. If i can go to your website and figure it out in 2 minutes, you should know that Scott, have that answer ready, and answer it the most straight forward manner possible.

Last edited:
but there's no toe cup...? you forgot that one...
without a toe cup, these will be tore to hell before long...

Or you could improve your form and stop dragging your toe. That's always an option too :)

Or you could improve your form and stop dragging your toe. That's always an option too :)

That's like selling a guy a car without a seat belt and saying "well just take it easy and learn to drive safer" :|

lame.

That's like selling a guy a car without a seat belt and saying "well just take it easy and learn to drive safer" :|

lame.

Or selling a bag with no straps and saying "work on your upper body strength a bit more"

I see $15 see flat rate shipping as the only option on your site. And the shoes don't fluctuate in price by size correct? So how could it be b/t $90-95?

Stop bull****ting us! Give is straight answers. If i can go to your website and figure it out in 2 minutes, you should know that Scott, have that answer ready, and answer it the most straight forward manner possible.

The reason behind saying $90-$95 is because I was unsure. So let's do it a different way more forward and direct, however if this changes just know that I am giving you the answer that I have now which is not set in stone.

The preordered shoes will be $95 shipped to your door.

After preorder the shoes will be $110 shipped to your door.

So now you know exactly what the price is. I would like to say I never intended on BSing anyone and I am not going anywhere. I enjoy what I do on here as I am helping to grow the sport with the understanding that some people will just want nothing to do with salient and that is fine. You cannot please everyone in the world, once you think you can you are fighting a battle that you cannot win. I am here to answer questions about the products. I am not here to judge people or anything like that. I have always said I will answer questions to the best of my abilities. I appreciate everyone that has come on here to read about the shoes and glad the players are taking time out of there day to do so.
So again I thank you guys.

HURRY! HURRY! HURRY!

QUICK! You can save $15 on an over priced, untested product, from a company with a reputation for poor quality products and even worse customer service!!!!

*post preorder price not set in stone, so really you may be saving 20 or 25 bucks, or not. They don't really know yet.

Last edited:
I dunno, I think crappy form requiring you to buy new shoes every 3-6 months is pretty lame, but I'd rather spend my money on other things. Like my kids or more plastic :)

I'm sorry your friend Uncle Matt is gone you must be so bored. I don't remember reading anything from apdrvya saying he "drags his toe" in fact it seemed to me he was commenting on the construction of the shoe in terms of durability in general. Unless of course you can find where he said he was going to destroy them with "bad form" A toe cup has more function than just "preventing wear from toe drag" and overall these shoes will degeade faster without one.

Scott: This is just a heads up, it says you can preorder two pairs for 135 + shipping, I wanted to see shipping so I added two pairs to the cart and it didn't have any form of discount or anything. Maybe I was doing it wrong? Also, I hope you guys aren't trying to get that 15.00 shipping rate per pair when someone orders two~

"Cart Subtotal $160
Shipping Flat Rate: $30
Order Total $190"

Scott: This is just a heads up, it says you can preorder two pairs for 135 + shipping, I wanted to see shipping so I added two pairs to the cart and it didn't have any form of discount or anything. Maybe I was doing it wrong? Also, I hope you guys aren't trying to get that 15.00 shipping rate per pair when someone orders two~

"Cart Subtotal $160
Order Total $190"

Good catch. Let me check on this. I will get back with an awnser.

"Cart Subtotal $160
Order Total $190"

I just did this and it was

Cart
Product Price Quantity Total
× Salient DGX-2 pair
Colors:Red/Black x2Size primary:10.5 $135 $135

Cart Totals
Cart Subtotal $135
Shipping Flat Rate: $19.99
Order Total $154.99