• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Spark - Small Backpack

here is some more info tbird posted on it-- I don't have one :(

Got a new Salient Lock Jaw (Yikun Claws) in the mail today. It's definitely got a fatter, shallower rim that isn't as vertical (don't want to say "a little beveled"). I like how the disc gets fatter where the rim meets the flightplate too. It's a little weird, but it makes it a little easier to grip. It's also flat whereas I only have domey Polecats. Can't wait to give it a toss.

KarbonLockJawvsDXPolecatProfile_zpse65330ed.jpg

KarbonLockJawvsDXPolecatDome_zps89727636.jpg

We've gotten 32 ounces in but it's a tight fit and should loosen up.

So I'm guessing by 32 oz you mean Gatorade 32 oz? In which case awesome. I'm pretty positive that this is an obvious answer, but there is one in each pocket correct?

Looking at this a little closer, it appears to resemble the Catalyst, just trimmed up top and widened at the bottom. The material used on the Catalyst was just fine and I had no problems with them. I know I may sound like a broken record, but strap quality is my biggest concern. The fine folks at Salient took great care of me when I ran into trouble, so I do appreciate that. However, if the straps were not modified/completely changed, this would be a hard sell for me.

The design is great for those of us that carry few discs. I carry <15 almost always, so I do not need anything large. Storage is appreciated, and comfort is paramount.

The straps on Spark are stitched just like Helix and the new Ember so stitching will not be an issue. Right now you can pre-order for $67.

Interesting. Looks like this bag is just a very cheap knock off of the No Excuses Bag design. The bag looks identicle, down to the water bottle holders being inside of the side pockets. It looks like it is missing some of the features of the No Excuses Bag and looks to me a lot cheaper as well.

Interesting. Looks like this bag is just a very cheap knock off of the No Excuses Bag design. The bag looks identicle, down to the water bottle holders being inside of the side pockets. It looks like it is missing some of the features of the No Excuses Bag and looks to me a lot cheaper as well.

This would certainly be par for the course. But, I still think it looks more like an Ozark.

You guys are 2 of the most pathetic troll-annabes on this site seriously.

I didn't realize it was trolling to say, "Hey. I think your bag looks like this other bag right here."

I wouldn't have to point this stuff out if Salient would stop stealing other people's ideas.

I didn't realize it was trolling to say, "Hey. I think your bag looks like this other bag right here."

I wouldn't have to point this stuff out if Salient would stop stealing other people's ideas.

Aside from Big Hyzer Bag, all bag companies recycle steal existing designs.

Spark is based off the Physical Flight bag I designed 3 years ago called jet pack. This bag existed before NoX and had the same features as Spark but was just a bit bigger. Feel free to Google the performance pak by physical flight also and you will see it had an insulated pocket like spark does.

Spark is based off the Physical Flight bag I designed 3 years ago called jet pack. This bag existed before NoX and had the same features as Spark but was just a bit bigger. Feel free to Google the performance pak by physical flight also and you will see it had an insulated pocket like spark does.

Could you toss up a link somewhere to it. The only photo that comes up when I search Jet Pack doesnt look like the spark and a majority of what comes up are the Challenger and Booster Paks.

Ok yea, thats the bag that came up with I searched for it. They look nothing alike to me.

s320zp.jpg

IMG_4156.jpg

Chris said it was based off of the Jet Pack, which is very easy to see. Just cut off the external drink holders and pockets. If you can't see the resemblance, then you need to go work for the copyright lawyers of Apple.

Latest posts