• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient's Catalyst Medium Backpack

Thanks for the kind words. It will be a pretty big step up. We did try and address all the concerns with the first run. I think everyone will be happy with the changes.

I had been asking about the current bags, and got some interesting answers, especially based on the bag that we see in the helix demo video.

There's a new version of the Catalyst coming out in October, and it won't be preorder. It looks like most of the double stiching decisions which we've seen on the helix have carried over to the Catalyst, though they're also moving from the top plastic carrying handle to a handle merged with the back straps.

I've had other packs like this, and it's not a terrible thing.

They're also going to rails on the bottom like the helix, and they're apparently redesigning the upper storage and mini space. So they've responded to a lot of the complaints I've seen on youtube and in here.

Also, Scott and Hilary have both been incredibly great about responding to my questions, so I'm very much looking forward to investing in a bag come October.

First post on the site, btw, but I've been enjoying reading all of the posts and picking up details. You've got a good community here.

You are correct the Catalyst has been totally reworked and picked up by our manufacturer that now makes the Helix. Materials will be upgraded to full 1000D cordura and will be the only bag under $200 and $150 with that material. We have also added two rails and a rainfly to the bag as well as reworking the top zipper to allow a putter and cell phone pocket. The new colors offered will be different than previously but DIGI CAMO will be one option for sure. The warranty will increase also reflecting the change in material and manufacturer. Also to add previous Catalyst customers will be offered a discount just like we did for the Helix.

Not to mention we will release our smallest starter backpack bag in the fall for less than $80 so we will have a small, medium and large bag to choose from :)

Man that is awesome news! Cannot wait to see some pics of those especially the small starter backpack. What disc capacity are we gonna see for the small backpack?

Man that is awesome news! Cannot wait to see some pics of those especially the small starter backpack. What disc capacity are we gonna see for the small backpack?

The small pack will have a 10-15 disc capacity. Our medium size Catalyst replacement will have a 20-25 capacity and Helix has the 30-35 capacity.

Price points are $75, $140, $210 respectively. We will have a bag for all budgets :)

Trying to make a backpack bag affordable for all budgets :)

Excited for the small bag. I find myself wanting to carry fewer discs and felt most backpacks were offering too much disc space.

If only my mojo fit my frame easier but in a backpack style I'll be even happier

It is really nice that Salient has listened to what people have been asking for. A small sized backpack with 10-15 disc capacity, 2 water bottle holders is a must, should be a hit, and at that price point is a great deal.

Not to mention we will release our smallest starter backpack bag in the fall for less than $80 so we will have a small, medium and large bag to choose from :)

The small backpack sounds like something I may be interested in.. Am I correct to assume it will be the same new manufacturer?

The small backpack sounds like something I may be interested in.. Am I correct to assume it will be the same new manufacturer?

The small backpack will have storage and two water bottle holders

You are correct that all the new bags have gone to the same manufacturer. The manufacturer of our new Helix and this is why we can offer a full warranty on it. The small bag will not have a full warranty do to it's pricepoint but will have a warranty that's better than a manufacturers limited warranty. Most likely a 1 year Full warranty once it's released on the small backpack.

The small bag sounds really promising. I know I have had struggles with the "old" company in the past, but I think you all are doing a fine job at getting it turned around into the right direction. I am happy to see you have taken a lot of what consumers were saying and putting it all into your entire new bag line up. Kudos to getting the company turned around and heading in the right direction now. I will more than likely give this company another try once more details come out for the small backpack and after the release of the New Catalyst.

The small bag sounds really promising. I know I have had struggles with the "old" company in the past, but I think you all are doing a fine job at getting it turned around into the right direction. I am happy to see you have taken a lot of what consumers were saying and putting it all into your entire new bag line up. Kudos to getting the company turned around and heading in the right direction now. I will more than likely give this company another try once more details come out for the small backpack and after the release of the New Catalyst.

Thanks

I know Scott and I appreciate it as well as Hillary.

We are excited to offer some affordable and quality products as hopefully everyone can see from the materials/workmanship out new bags will feature.

For those wondering about the new manufacturers work check out the Helix video review and the bag itself on a course near you.

Anyone want to see the proto for the small bag we've been testing since May?

uhhhhh, yeah!

Side view, d rings on both sides. The side pockets both have built in insulated water bottle holders with built in drain. Enough rough for extras too on both pockets. 4 feet on the bottom of each bag also.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 73
Small bag is interesting.
This may work better for my wife than the catalyst that she has now.
I don't know about the storage areas though.
I was very disappointed that the catalyst didn't have the upper storage area like you said it would.
But the small bag doesn't look like it would be any better in that dept.
But she doesn't carry that many discs.

Small bag is interesting.
This may work better for my wife than the catalyst that she has now.
I don't know about the storage areas though.
I was very disappointed that the catalyst didn't have the upper storage area like you said it would.
But the small bag doesn't look like it would be any better in that dept.
But she doesn't carry that many discs.

The replacement catalyst has a new top storage so that issue has been dealt with and fixed based off of the space available in the bag.

A small bag is not made to have all the storage a larger bag does. The side pockets have plenty of storage and can fit discs, towels or even a hoodie if you don't use the bottle holder. The small bag is for those players that don't want to invest in quad shocks as well as a bag made with 400d or less material and end up paying $70-$80 in the long run. We don't expect for everyone to like the set up but in terms of having a bag that fits a need and fills out our lineup the bag does that exceedingly well.

Well wishes, back to work for me.

Scott can update everyone on features, colors, etc.

Thanks

I know Scott and I appreciate it as well as Hillary.

We are excited to offer some affordable and quality products as hopefully everyone can see from the materials/workmanship out new bags will feature.

For those wondering about the new manufacturers work check out the Helix video review and the bag itself on a course near you.

Anyone want to see the proto for the small bag we've been testing since May?

YES, Please.

The replacement catalyst has a new top storage so that issue has been dealt with and fixed based off of the space available in the bag.

A small bag is not made to have all the storage a larger bag does. The side pockets have plenty of storage and can fit discs, towels or even a hoodie if you don't use the bottle holder. The small bag is for those players that don't want to invest in quad shocks as well as a bag made with 400d or less material and end up paying $70-$80 in the long run. We don't expect for everyone to like the set up but in terms of having a bag that fits a need and fills out our lineup the bag does that exceedingly well.

Well wishes, back to work for me.

Scott can update everyone on features, colors, etc.

are the discs only able to sit front to back as in the picture or can they be put in horizontally like traditional bags?

will anything be above the discs on the back, seems like an area that could have an additionall pocket for maybe a wallet/cellphone.

Are there any pictures of the updated catalyst, sorry i have not looked through all the posts lately.

Latest posts