• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient's Catalyst Medium Backpack

The discs can be set either way. The flap rolls up and velcroes tight to stay out the way. Adding pockets up higher etc only add into costs of the bag (there is a method to the madness). Sacrifices had to be made to make it affordable.

No pictures of the new bag other than in the Helix video, which is not the full redesigned bag. We will update when we have confirmation on a few things in terms of price, timeline, etc.

I will be sure to get pictures up for you guys as soon as we get a finalized model. We just want to make sure everything is right before we get to far ahead of ourselves. we just wanted to give you guys an idea of the direction we were headed.

How soon will the Spark be available? This looks to be what I've been wanting. I like the U.P. Shift but I really want the ability to carry two water bottles and this does that with additional storage. Looks great guys.

How soon will the Spark be available? This looks to be what I've been wanting. I like the U.P. Shift but I really want the ability to carry two water bottles and this does that with additional storage. Looks great guys.

Don't quote me on this ASC but I believe we are atleast 3-4 months out. I have to many dates in my head for discs and bags that they are getting a bit mixed up. I do know we would like everything to be available for Christmas at the very latest.

Quick question guys, just wanted to know if anyone else has ran into this problem and if there is a solution. I've had Catalyst for 4 months now and absolutely love it (besides the top storage feature). One of my straps however has started to unravel in the middle of the strap. I was wanting to know if there is a solution someone has come up with to resolve this issue. Thanks ahead of time guys!

Here's a pic:
16011EF2-3B0D-453E-AD8B-5331952C53BD_zps79obgjax.jpg

Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone is doing well and would like to thank you all for your continued support of Salient Discs. I am just popping in to let everyone know some of the changes for the next Catalyst.

1. The first change will be that the name is going to change from Catalyst to Ember. We feel that with the amount of changes we are making this will almost be an entirely different bag so we feel it deserves a new name.

2. We will be removing the small side pockets and the vertical pocket and will be replacing it with the side storage from the Helix.

3. I know a big complaint with the Catalyst was that we did not make the best use of the upper storage of the bag. We have now changed the design and made the very top a bit more rectangular and added in a full zipper to make the top of the bag a big pocket similar to the Helix but the zipper may be a bit bigger on Ember.

4. The top plastic handle has been removed as we will be using the straps from the Helix which integrates the handle into the straps.

5. The go get it slot will now be a zipper pocket instead of velcro so the pocket will be able to zip up with discs in it.

6. The bag will also now include 2 rails on the bottom instead of the rubber feet to better protect the base and keep the bottom clean and dry.

7. Ember will now include a rain fly for better rain protection.

Even with all these changes and upgrades we will be keeping it around the same price and include a better warranty. The ember will almost be a slimmed down Helix and slightly less body curves. It should be a great option for those that think the Helix is a bit big for them.

Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone is doing well and would like to thank you all for your continued support of Salient Discs. I am just popping in to let everyone know some of the changes for the next Catalyst.

1. The first change will be that the name is going to change from Catalyst to Ember. We feel that with the amount of changes we are making this will almost be an entirely different bag so we feel it deserves a new name.

2. We will be removing the small side pockets and the vertical pocket and will be replacing it with the side storage from the Helix.

3. I know a big complaint with the Catalyst was that we did not make the best use of the upper storage of the bag. We have now changed the design and made the very top a bit more rectangular and added in a full zipper to make the top of the bag a big pocket similar to the Helix but the zipper may be a bit bigger on Ember.

4. The top plastic handle has been removed as we will be using the straps from the Helix which integrates the handle into the straps.

5. The go get it slot will now be a zipper pocket instead of velcro so the pocket will be able to zip up with discs in it.

6. The bag will also now include 2 rails on the bottom instead of the rubber feet to better protect the base and keep the bottom clean and dry.

7. Ember will now include a rain fly for better rain protection.

Even with all these changes and upgrades we will be keeping it around the same price and include a better warranty. The ember will almost be a slimmed down Helix and slightly less body curves. It should be a great option for those that think the Helix is a bit big for them.

Awesome, thanks for the updates! The overall disc capacity is the same I am assuming. How about and dividers for the main storage?

Any word on the diameter of the cups on the side? The site says "32 oz drink", but depending on the container, that can mean anything.

Any available pics on this yet. Updated timeline on completion?

Any available pics on this yet. Updated timeline on completion?

I can tell you that we will do a video review of two new bags in early September, with release of both bags this year.

I can also confirm that our 20 disc bag will have the same side pockets as Helix for storage and come complete with:

1000d Cordura
Bottom Rails
Rain fly included
Price $125 plus shipping

The smaller backpack bag with room for 15 discs and storage will be $75-$85 shipped and have 600d materials with rubber feet and two 32 ounce bottle holders.

Nice man thanks. The only thing that is keeping me on the fence about the Spark is the bottle holders. Not so sure about them being integrated in the side pockets. If I have bottles in there does that mean I can't zipper the pocket shut? I do however understand you are trying to keep the cost down on this bag, which I assume is why they are integrated.

Nice man thanks. The only thing that is keeping me on the fence about the Spark is the bottle holders. Not so sure about them being integrated in the side pockets. If I have bottles in there does that mean I can't zipper the pocket shut? I do however understand you are trying to keep the cost down on this bag, which I assume is why they are integrated.

You can zip them closed no problem. The idea behind the bottle holders being integrated in the Spark is allowing you options on storage as well as giving it a clean look. Didn't want to paste some bottle holders on the outside lol

Latest posts