• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient's Catalyst Medium Backpack

So what's the consensus on the side storage? I remember vthompson saying he had a tough time fitting even a small hoodie in, but others seem to be having no issues. Did vthompson get a bag that wasn't up to specs, or can a hoodie really not fit in it?

I just rolled up a 2x medium thick hoodie pretty easily with 18 discs in the main it fit fine. More room than our grip and deeper by a good margin.

So what's the consensus on the side storage? I remember vthompson saying he had a tough time fitting even a small hoodie in, but others seem to be having no issues. Did vthompson get a bag that wasn't up to specs, or can a hoodie really not fit in it?

The side storage comment you refer to had me really nervous and regretting my purchase of the bag. However, upon receiving mine I have had no issues.

They have plenty of space. I fit a large hoodie in one side and a pair of 32x32 jeans in the other side and they don't even bulge out. With that being said, I like just putting 3 beers on each side storage. Keep in mind I keep one putter on each side and things still fit w/ plenty of space

Top storage is 8" wide and 4 1/2 deep

A small thing I like are the insides of the pockets and bottle holders have a nice lining, not sure what it is buts its very smooth and comfortable.

The side storage comment you refer to had me really nervous and regretting my purchase of the bag. However, upon receiving mine I have had no issues.

They have plenty of space. I fit a large hoodie in one side and a pair of 32x32 jeans in the other side and they don't even bulge out. With that being said, I like just putting 3 beers on each side storage. Keep in mind I keep one putter on each side and things still fit w/ plenty of space

this is what I like to hear! this storage sounds like the TARDIS lol

Top storage is 8" wide and 4 1/2 deep

A small thing I like are the insides of the pockets and bottle holders have a nice lining, not sure what it is buts its very smooth and comfortable.

how padded is the back and straps? some commented that by looks it wasn't well padded ( except for me of course)

how padded is the back and straps? some commented that by looks it wasn't well padded ( except for me of course)

They aren't overly padded but comfortable, the straps ride closer to the neck than most bags, honestly it really pains me to say this!! Its one of the most comfortable I've had on. Not sure what's different from other bags but something is.

Do you normally carry jeans or were you just testing?

Put it up to our grip, the straps are longer that's the difference, for bigger guys or thick muscular guys that workout and are not super flexible its easy to get on, im not flexible at all.

They aren't overly padded but comfortable, the straps ride closer to the neck than most bags, honestly it really pains me to say this!! Its one of the most comfortable I've had on. Not sure what's different from other bags but something is.

haha that's awesome to hear as well

Things are sounding really positive in here. Glad to hear you guys are liking the bags now that you are able to get your hands on them.

My bag arrived and is now in my house just gotta wait a few more days :(

Anyway that's my 2 cents I'm gonna close this and follow the other thread!!

I saw one on the course today and it looked a lot better in person. The material looked like nice quality stuff. The only complaint the owner had was about how tight the top part of the go get it pocket was. I would definitely buy one of these over a ranger. I however picked up a grip during the sale and the new $150 after shipping price is a little high Imo

Latest posts