• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Saratoga Spa State Park

cdavid74

Bogey Member
A petition has been started by the discap group in eastern New York to have a disc golf course added as part of the new master plan that is in the works for the Saratoga Spa State Park.

I'm having sudden visions of my annual August pilgrimage to Saratoga Raceway being preceded by 18 holes of disc golf in a world class park. Beautiful, long, soaring hyzers in the morning, and cashing winning trifecta tickets at the IRS window in the afternoon sounds like a fine way to enjoy a warm summer day in Upstate NY.

Here's the link to the petition:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/spaparkdiscgolf

Please lend your name to helping this dream become a reality for all of us plastic huckn'/horse handicappn' hooligans living in the great northeast. After all, summer is only like 3 hours long up here. We need to squeeze in as much warm weather fun as we can before we are covered in a blanket of snow again. :D

Ya got one more. :)

Wow talk about a "back from the dead" thread...............

This idea has been brought back to life !!
We installed the baskets last weekend and had a club monthly with 20+ players. Was well recieved by golfers and non-golfers.

11954633_1012494108775445_6234118021435805195_n.jpg

Yay this slow moving train is finally come to the station!! Thanks goes out to Tim Defranco for getting progress on this project again. DisCap growing the sport in the NY capital region!! Anyone coming to the last few weeks of the track season or a concert at spac can now play the 9 hole course. There are 2 tees for each hole. twice around for 18. tees are just painted lines at the moment. concrete tees are planned by the park coming in this fall. The club is reaching out to see if we can add some teeboards as a temp fix until the concrete comes as the paint wont last too long. A course page will go up here once the park pulls some bbqs and tables that are in the way and the signage goes up. Course is playable but may have some pedestrian in the way. We were able to play all the holes at the monthly and dubs after with no real issues. Couple of families slightly in the way but if you approach them nice and ask them to watch you throw there were no problems.We are on a soft opening right now and hope to have the grand opening shortly.

Last edited:
I'll have to come check this out next time I'm visiting in Clifton Park! No such luck getting the 18 holes like it says they were hoping for in the first post here?

The park is going to put in a registry. Kinda of like what you would see at a hiking trail head. If there is a lot of usage they are open to expanding. So if the registry is there please sign in. The layout now is flat and not too tight. The expansion will hopefully get us into more wooded area with some elevation changes. We hope to keep pushing this train forward and get more holes into the park.

The park is going to put in a registry. Kinda of like what you would see at a hiking trail head. If there is a lot of usage they are open to expanding. So if the registry is there please sign in. The layout now is flat and not too tight. The expansion will hopefully get us into more wooded area with some elevation changes. We hope to keep pushing this train forward and get more holes into the park.

Will it be open year round? I'll definitely sign in when I get the chance to visit again!

Will it be open year round? I'll definitely sign in when I get the chance to visit again!

The park doesn't plow snow certain areas(including this area near the pool) but it will be accessible. Can't remember if I saw actual gates they couuld close at the entrances. You may have to hoof it in at some point over the winter.

Last edited:
The East West Road (what it is actually called, coincidentally) that connects Rte 50 to Rte 9 definitely closes at some point in the winter. I think it correlates with snow cover. Not sure though. People park at Rte 50 entrance all winter for snowshoeing, skiing, walking, etc. there is a short path that would take you to hole 8 fairway relatively quickly from that parking area.

Latest posts