• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Scorch

Keith H

Eagle Member
I asked this in the general Discraft thread, but I am not seeing much discussion on this disc at all.

Discraft Scorch - 1st run has been released.

Looks like they are calling it 11/6/-2/2

From the PDGA Website
Approved 4/19/21
Cert # 21-51
Max Weight 175.1gr
Diameter 21.1cm
Height 1.8cm
Rim Depth 1.1cm
Rim Thickness 2.2cm
Inside Rim Diameter 16.8cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio 5.2%
Rim Configuration 28.75
Flexibility 12.05kg

This looks like a good spot for me in their lineup as I don't throw the fastest drivers.

Has anyone had a chance to throw any of them yet?

Mods - if this thread already exists and I am not seeing it, please combine or delete this thread.

I'm not really seeing anyone talking about this disc. "Like a longer Avenger SS" is all I can find about it. I don't know anyone who has actually seen one.

Ordered two from the factory store today. Going in with zero expectations and just see what this disc can do.

There are about 9 videos on youtube about the Scorch if you just search "Discraft Scorch" for what it's worth.

There are about 9 videos on youtube about the Scorch if you just search "Discraft Scorch" for what it's worth.

Yeah, thanks, I appreciate the info, I watched those and is what got me interested in this disc to begin with.

I'm hesitant with the videos because I distrust the arrangement with the manufacturer. It seems like those who get the test flight discs early, are, by the very model of the arrangement, sort of encouraged to say great things about the disc. If you say terrible things about a disc on YouTube will you get to test the next one and sell it for $100 on ebay?

Usually there is a pretty healthy discussion about new discs coming out on this forum, some who really love the disc, some who hate it. Perhaps this mold does not fit needs in many bags.

For me, it is in theory about perfect for my arm, and I have ordered one, just was hoping others maybe were enthusiastic and wanted to discuss it.

I'm not really seeing anyone talking about this disc. "Like a longer Avenger SS" is all I can find about it. I don't know anyone who has actually seen one.

That is exactly what has me interested.

I do great with the Avenger SS, and the Thrasher is pretty good for me. I feel like my perfect understable slot is about speed 11.

So from what I've heard it's got a healthy turn with a dumpy fade. Sounds like a Surge SS flight wise, and I throw that as my controlled D disc right now. I haven't gotten a chance to grab a few yet, but MSt hasn't listed any yet as far as I can tell, and I missed the drop this morning.

I'll probably buy one just to try it and realize, once again, that my arm is too weak for it. I looked on my main sites last night and they're sold out. So there should be some feedback here shortly.

So from what I've heard it's got a healthy turn with a dumpy fade. Sounds like a Surge SS flight wise, and I throw that as my controlled D disc right now. I haven't gotten a chance to grab a few yet, but MSt hasn't listed any yet as far as I can tell, and I missed the drop this morning.

Marshall Street had like 30 listed a few days ago, mainly oranges and pinks from what I could see. But it would not let me put one in my cart. That was late one night. Early the next morning they were gone. I don't know if they all sold or they took the down.

I'll probably buy one just to try it and realize, once again, that my arm is too weak for it. I looked on my main sites last night and they're sold out. So there should be some feedback here shortly.

I suspect the same for me, but I am hoping it will be right at the sweet spot I have been trying to nail down. Just a bit more distance than an Avenger SS, just a tic more stabilty (consistency) than the Thrasher.

All the first runs (40 or so) I've seen are very domey. Flightwise, I can't think of another disc that is as high speed understable and as low speed overstable. Kinda strange to me. Maybe if you love Thrashers but want more/harder fade? I will say that it impressed me when thrown @ 60-70% power on a steep hyzer with height. Good forward glide when kept in hyzer. For reference, I throw other 11 Speeds to 420' or so on golf lines.

All the first runs (40 or so) I've seen are very domey. Flightwise, I can't think of another disc that is as high speed understable and as low speed overstable. Kinda strange to me. Maybe if you love Thrashers but want more/harder fade? I will say that it impressed me when thrown @ 60-70% power on a steep hyzer with height. Good forward glide when kept in hyzer. For reference, I throw other 11 Speeds to 420' or so on golf lines.

You ever thrown an Innova Mystere? They flip easily, but then dump hard late. IMO, it costs the disc some distance since the fade is so sudden and inelegant.

First thing I thought of when I read your description.

You ever thrown an Innova Mystere? They flip easily, but then dump hard late. IMO, it costs the disc some distance since the fade is so sudden and inelegant.

First thing I thought of when I read your description.

I've not but that sounds spot on.

Wondering if that late fade will beat out, Z usually has for me a pretty quick beat in period then stays in a certain spot for a loooong time.

Wondering if that late fade will beat out, Z usually has for me a pretty quick beat in period then stays in a certain spot for a loooong time.

That is exactly what I am hoping. If the fade beats out to a 1 or so early then the disc stays there, it could be good.

If it develops more turn and keeps the fade, then probably not.

The one I ordered is supposed to deliver today.

Hopefully get into throw it tomorrow