• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Sexiest Plastic?

They all look the same buried under leaves. I dont buy any disc based on the look... flight characteristics, and feel in the hand are what I'm looking for. From there I look at the PLH to see if I think its the stability I'm looking for, dome or no dome. If these things are met then I'll see if its ugly or pretty. One time...one time I bought a disc based on looks alone. It was a Stag because why wouldnt I want a disc with a moose on it.

They all look the same buried under leaves. I dont buy any disc based on the look... flight characteristics, and feel in the hand are what I'm looking for. From there I look at the PLH to see if I think its the stability I'm looking for, dome or no dome. If these things are met then I'll see if its ugly or pretty. One time...one time I bought a disc based on looks alone. It was a Stag because why wouldnt I want a disc with a moose on it.

Ya, I prefer to have my cake and eat it too.

I check the PLH and dome on all of the pretty plastic I acquire. If it's not a thrower, it stays on the shelf.

for instance, the attached pearly metallic red Stag is very stable and slightly domey. (I throw 400' D RHBH on the course for reference.)

Attachments

• red_drk_red_tp_stag.jpg
    red_drk_red_tp_stag.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 60
Ya, I prefer to have my cake and eat it too.

I check the PLH and dome on all of the pretty plastic I acquire. If it's not a thrower, it stays on the shelf.

for instance, the attached pearly metallic red Stag is very stable and slightly domey. (I throw 400' D RHBH on the course for reference.)

I'm only a 300-315' player and my stag was a meat hook. My saint pros perfect though

I'm only a 300-315' player and my stag was a meat hook. My saint pros perfect though

So weird. I had one stag and it was a roller, my saint pros are teebird'esque...

Anyways. I bet both discs LOOKED super sick!

zpgxH2w.jpg

Just saw Trilogy's copper premium plastic- holy crap does it look nice. It's not quite as orange as it looks in the picture, more metallic. What's the best looking plastic you have seen?

I'm probably in the minority. Vibram's new color schemes are very easy to find on the course, and the medium xlink feels the best to me.

So weird. I had one stag and it was a roller, my saint pros are teebird'esque...

Anyways. I bet both discs LOOKED super sick!

Yea I've had this discussion before. I learned the Stag is apparently an incredible inconsistent model. I've heard it compared to just about everything from a 0 turn/5 fade to a -1 turn/1 fade. I think when it came out there must have been a fair amount of freak molds released. Much like a moose I suppose. Anywhere from clumsy awkward things to beasts.

Yea I've had this discussion before. I learned the Stag is apparently an incredible inconsistent model. I've heard it compared to just about everything from a 0 turn/5 fade to a -1 turn/1 fade. I think when it came out there must have been a fair amount of freak molds released. Much like a moose I suppose. Anywhere from clumsy awkward things to beasts.

So it seems. Ironically both my 175g TP (pictured earlier in thread) and my 166g VIP misprint fly exactly the same and very close to the stamped numbers.

Attached delicious lava?

Attachments

• 20150411_205801.jpg
    20150411_205801.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 20150411_205636.jpg
    20150411_205636.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 20150411_210003.jpg
    20150411_210003.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 56
Holy **** that tourney stamped Sun King disc is FUEGO! :cool:

can i haz ¿

And its a 177.9 gram River to boot! Bagged and thrown every day, too. Not thrown near danger (water, wicked weeds). :)

What is it about the gold line Pains. I have a blue one that I feel will never be beat in terms of how pretty it is. It looks like someone dropped a rock in a pool of royal blue liquid metal. I wish I could find more Trilogy discs in that specific plastic. I would kill for a Judge that was made with that blend.

Latest posts