• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Should I start building an ark?

heres the link for the video

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=B8DF43BE4E794E5A2FF5B7C40F388CC1?contentId=6728677&version=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

Well you might need that ark for parts of I-90/94/39

Overnight I made a run from Minneapolis to Indianapolis and I-90/94 South was shut down at Mauston, Wi and you had to take rt 12 all the way down to Madison to get back on. It was like a 60 mile detour, in the dark over several mud covered roads. It didn't help my stress level that this was a hot Fed Ex load with Radioactive hazmat on it.:shock:

The flooding in Wisconsin Dells and Eastern Iowa is getting pretty serious. Heck I can't remember ever having a 50 mile stretch of Interstate shut down for flooding.

roadkill said:

Overnight I made a run from Minneapolis to Indianapolis and I-90/94 South was shut down at Mauston, Wi and you had to take rt 12 all the way down to Madison to get back on. It was like a 60 mile detour, in the dark over several mud covered roads. It didn't help my stress level that this was a hot Fed Ex load with Radioactive hazmat on it.:shock:

The flooding in Wisconsin Dells and Eastern Iowa is getting pretty serious. Heck I can't remember ever having a 50 mile stretch of Interstate shut down for flooding.
80 east of IC, (I'm assuming right over the Cedar River) is closed, too. They're routing people up to highway 20 for the detour. I'm assuming 30 might be flooded, too.

I've been watching the corridor (IC / CR) flooding develop. 380 is down to 1 lane as well. Luke? Morgan? If you're not out sandbagging (physically, not in the golf terms), you guys should let us know what it's like up there.

Might need that arc for the Tourney I'm playing in this weekend. Man is it gonna be wet, but at least it won't be raining.

The course I usually play is probably 1/2 under water right now. It's going to be a while.

sc

Mars Volta said:
"And Noah who is Sean Connery says " I'm building a speedboat at the moment, much faster, it will shoot across the water much fater, It'll make great pictures for the bible. "
Gotta love Eddie Izzard

Yup, love Eddie Izzard, the Brit Dennis Miller, but in drag.

roadkill said:

............ It didn't help my stress level that this was a hot Fed Ex load with Radioactive hazmat on it.:shock:
.................... Heck I can't remember ever having a 50 mile stretch of Interstate shut down for flooding.

Sounds like another Truck Driving-Disc Golfer, are there more of us here? So far no runs north for me, although the company I drive for is based in Des Moines.

Every course in the Sheboygan area is flooded out.

I'm not sure I can go too much longer without a disc golf fix.

Vollrath is flooded? How? Unless Lake Michigan is expanding its borders...

WorldPax said:
Sounds like another Truck Driving-Disc Golfer, are there more of us here? So far no runs north for me, although the company I drive for is based in Des Moines.

Yep, out seeing the country and letting my employer foot the bill for diesel.

I run OTR from I-35 to the Atlantic. So far 31 states and 2 Canadian provinces.

gorillaboy said:
roman said:
roadkill said:
Saw some coverage of the flooding on tv today. They were showing mass flooding in Racine, WI. They must have just got a ton of rain in the last two days. I was there Thursday and there was nothing out of the ordinary.

Speaking of heat I was in Duncan, SC over the weekend and it was 102. :shock:

Racine got about 4 inches of rain over the weekend. Not as much as the Dells, where they got about 8 inches, with totals closer to 12 inches west of the Dells. All in this past weekend! The rivers are swelling I'm sure.

any of you guys see the video footage of the houses that got washed away at lake delton by the Dells??? F-ing crazy!!! :shock:

You know, those people are SO screwed. Not only were they underinsured, they lost their house and their land. They couldnt rebuild if they wanted to.
What a mess

gorillaboy said:
heres the link for the video

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=B8DF43BE4E794E5A2FF5B7C40F388CC1?contentId=6728677&version=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

Now thats a houseboat!

I hope the people out there are ok tho

roman said:
Vollrath is flooded? How? Unless Lake Michigan is expanding its borders...
Not really anymore. Now there's just some water down in the bowl. A day or two ago there was standing water all over the park.

Of course that doesn't compare to the Quarry. I checked it out yesterday and was quite afraid of shooting any of the lower holes.

It "dried" out quite nicely for saturday. The usual wet patches (especially by hole 8), but pretty much no standing water.

Anyone play/watch sunday? Barry was going to be playing, but I couldn't make it to watch, would have been awesome!

pd

I'll have to hit up Vollrath tomorrow when I'm not working. It's been really nice out lately.

Furthur said:
I've been watching the corridor (IC / CR) flooding develop. 380 is down to 1 lane as well. Luke? Morgan? If you're not out sandbagging (physically, not in the golf terms), you guys should let us know what it's like up there.

I just got internet back today, so I've not been able to respond.

The Iowa River was flowing over the deck on the pedestrian bridge at the Pen, and that entire course is underwater. They had to sandbag the well houses. First Avenue is a lake; highway 6 is a lake. Luckily my place is high and dry.

They pulled the baskets at Turkey to keep people from sneaking down to check out the dam/spillway.

I assume Sugar is half underwater.

I've been sandbagging since last Saturday - just got a break today after the cessation of sandbagging yesterday afternoon. Now we wait for the water to subside and start the clean-up.