• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Snow Throw Massacre II - Stevens Point, WI

Roy said:
gorillaboy said:
Roy said:
Come on Chris, Get out there and atleast shovel the fairways :lol:
you scerd of a little snow on the fairway??? :wink: :p

speaking of snow....I got about 4 inches of new stuff already on my driveway today

Yeah WTF?! I've been out shoveling twice already... We just bought a house in Plover this past fall and a snow blower wasn't in the budget yet :cry:

i just got a new snowblower this year!!! man I dont know what I ever did with out it...I was out this after noon with it getting rid of about 5 inches but I think theres another 2" on the driveway again...hopefully the snow is done by the time i have to go to work tonight

discnut said:
Boy ,it should gobble up some discs 8)
I know last year there was only about 6 inches of fresh snow and it took all day to play the tourney ..so i heard....Saturday when I played leagues at Yulga i know the snow was knee deep when you got off the packed down trails...it's gotta be crazy deep out there now though!

discnut said:
This will be my first tournament,I started playing in Oct.07 I cant wait

Well, luck is on your side... Oct 7th is my birthday! We'll have to get all the DGR members to dress alike so we know who our secret allies are...

It sound like it's shaping up to be a great time.

Still hopin to make it there. Depends on my work schedule, maybe I'll just call in "sick".

discnut wrote:
Boy ,it should gobble up some discs

I know last year there was only about 6 inches of fresh snow and it took all day to play the tourney ..so i heard....

Yeah, that's about right on. Luckily, the group I was in didn't lose a single disc! Words of advice here, have one person throw and then have them spot some distance down the "fairway", but out of viewing lines. Helps tremendously for finding discs (mark them w/ sticks possibly).

Oh, you would not believe the discs we found when it was melting, luckily most had numbers on them.

pd

discnut said:
hey gorilla boy, will you have any bags for sale at the tournament?

no I wont ...i don't keep any stock for my bags I make them all to order...

there is going to be 2 bags I'm donating for the tourney there though 1 Squirrel Monkey and 1 Spider Monkey...i don't have any idea how there giving them away though..

@#$@#%*!!! Looks like I won't be able to make it. Due to work, I didn't get a pre-reg form in, but just found out now I get off for tomorrow. Figure it's probably full up...

Good luck everyone!

pd

good luck everybody!! if we are getting 3-6 inches here in springfield, illinois.

i bet y'all have more - hope i dont end up finding a no ink disc up in yulga in May again :)

OK i'm not going to be carrying the bag i said i was earlier in this thread instead I'll be using my first backpack design....so if your there and your on dgr just look for the orange and gray backpack with the GBDS logo on it...

I have an ugly ass olive green smaller innova bag with green quads. I also have a black UW-Oshkosh towel on my bag. Hope to see some of you. I am also on the shorter side and have shaggy brown hair and I am fairly good looking.

rusch_bag wrote:
and I am fairly good looking.

aren't we all??? sorry couldn't help myself

Being self-aware... I must say I am not much to look at... Damn you, Father Time and Damn you, Mother Nature... Damn you, both!

the STM II was awesome!! i cant wait till next year....i shot +4 for the day so it wasn't to bad for me about average for me at yulga

gorillaboy said:
the STM II was awesome!! i cant wait till next year....i shot +4 for the day so it wasn't to bad for me about average for me at yulga

Not too bad Chris. I shot +6 which is a bit worse then usual. I had a few 5's though, that'll do it.

The Backpack looks nice... lots of features.