• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So what do your home course chuckers like to drink?

Great beers listed here guys.

We have an issue with an unidentified (to this point) person and miller lite cans. Our Parks are pretty well cleaned by hard working volunteers.

My home course is extremely well maintained, only see a couple of beer cans a round if that. Everyone I play with drinks pretty good beer. Corona, Landshark, and an assortment of IPA's. But if I see a can it's usually something like natty, keystone, or a 40 of some sort. The people who drink the nicer beer are usually not the ones throwing/leaving the bottles on the ground.

Corona and landshark is not good beer. Just saying.

Mostly all types of Budweiser...light...platinum...etc.

I just get a 40 of steel reserve when I hit the course if I drink, which is rare...on the course at least.

But most people make their trash into the trash cans around here....only notice it getting bad if the city doesn't empty the cans.

Last edited:
Code:
[QUOTE="jhgonzo, post: 1560146, member: 5329"]Out of curiosity, is can/bottle litter less of a problem in the deposit states?  I know Bill at Flip pays for a lot of his landscaping needs with the 0.10/each you MI folks get...

Typically here, it's the usual cheap swill.  I also tend to see the "good stuff" properly disposed of.  :thmbup:  In fact, last weekend at [URL="http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5189"]Rollin Ridge[/URL], in the wastebucket by #2's tee I noticed four (count 'em, 4!) empty bottles of [URL="http://www.delirium.be/"]Delirium Tremens[/URL]...I really hope they weren't all from the same guy!  :eek:[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised you wouldn't see New Glarus, Ale Asylum and all the great Wisconsin micro's around the course. Delirium wouldn't be too difficult to take if your playing a casual round or two, all depends upon the tolerance level. I can drink 8 to 10 of those on most nights out along with a few shots and I'm really no worse for wear.

I normally never drink beer on a course while I play. I love beer but I hate it when you have it go flat from all the walking and it getting jostled around after it's opened. That goes for pretty much for any carbonated drink for me. Water, coffee, gatorade or juice is what I usually drink while I'm playing. I drink the really good stuff and I like to sit back and appreciate it:D

Capri Suns and Four Loco, I see them everywhere. One day I found a Capri Sun coupled with a Lipton Iced tea around 6 teepads. It's like two guys brought a box of Capri Sun and a 6-pack of tea out to the course and proceeded to chug them and litter everywhere.

****ing *******s.

new glarus!! how i love this beer!!! wish i could make more trips to milwaukee!!!

I have been to the breweries about ten times in the last 2 years. They started to recognize me after the 4th time and I got a tour with Dan last time I went a few months ago. A buddy of mine from work has in-laws from there and told me about it a long time ago.

If you go way north around Green Bay you gotta check out Title Town brewery. Ale Asylum is awesome too in the Madison area. If you like New Glarus you'll like these too. The owner of Capital Brewery is awesome and so is Randy Sprecher, met them up in Kohler last year for the beer festival. Check it out it's on Memorial Day weekend and trust me you either will pass out or drink yourself sober. I drank myself sober and that sucked, but I had to keep trying the other beers. Very reasonable price for all the unlimited high end beer you could possibly want to drink.

I think there is a nice DG course in the Sheboygan area too near lake Michigan so you can easily make it a weekend of drinking and DG. Just make sure you don't drink and drive in Kohler, they will bust you.

BTW, the Kohler beer fest ends the night in the Kohler design center which is very much like a modern art museum. At about 10pm people started to find the bathrooms that still had water running (they tried shutting off all the water going to the sinks and showers) then that's when it starts getting real fun, trapping someone in the shower while they get soaked from head to toe. Watched a bunch of hot drunken women doing this to each other before they got kicked out.

Good Times...

Lately here at my home course I have seen many bottles of Bud Light Platinum. Then of course regular Bud Light and any other cheap crappy lager. I would be really surprised if someone who drinks Stone, Bell's or Rogue would leave the bottles on the ground.

LOL...I believe it. I've heard there is some shine in them thar hills. :p

I lived in St. Joe on the Buffalo River---it was a dry county, so 'shine was a major source of income for the 'billies. Also got it in Atlanta when I lived there---from, of all places, the Navy base where my buddy was stationed. :rolleyes:

at home i'm a big fan of sweetwater brewing co. but on the course i usually just get a 4 pack of pbr tall boys. and litter isn't all that prevalent, all of us everyday "chuckers" are self policing.

Bud light Platinum at my course as well.. It took me a couple weeks of seeing that crap keep appearing until I found out that it's two guys I introduced to the sport doing it :wall:

Just as bad is that one of the guys breaks branches that are in his way and won't listen when I tell him to stop.... F***ING pisses me off.

Latest posts