• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SoCal Sky-High June 24-26

the wrist

Par Member
Me and Snappyfingers have been talking about this.

Two great 18 hole courses, Pro shop/snack shack, decent campground a few hundred yards away, Wright wood < 10min away (markets, hotels, etc..beer..)

The weekend before is the Sylmar summertime open. The weekend after is 4th of july weekend. June 23/24-26 should be PRIME!

Who is down?

I might be able to be there on the 23rd to play with those interested. :thmbup:

Sky High is a 27 hole course, not two 18's.

Also, the Evergreen Open will be held the same date June 25 & 26 in Goleta. It is a PDGA/So Cal Series event.

The Sky High Showdown will be held in Wrightwood on June 3rd and 4th. It will be a PDGA C-Tier event. One round of 27 holes each day.

Nevermind, I will be down there the following week. :thmbdown:
Guess I will be playing Sylmar instead since it is easier and safer to do on my own. :|

picture.php

Sky High is freakin' AWESOME.

I'm jealous. :p

come on guys didnt the meet up thread start as a DGCR california meet up thread and now your gonna plan another socal meet the same weekend as the norcal dgcr meet at toneys. ROADTRIP yall can rent a van for like 160 for the weekend chip in and itll be cheap

come on guys didnt the meet up thread start as a DGCR california meet up thread and now your gonna plan another socal meet the same weekend as the norcal dgcr meet at toneys. ROADTRIP yall can rent a van for like 160 for the weekend chip in and itll be cheap

Hey man, it kinda sounds like you're hatin'..... :|
If I remember correctly the only "Nor"Cal heads that made it down to March Mayhem was Elevated Plastic and Team Tahoe.
Believe me, if I could make it up to Toney's I would. But with gas prices, work, school, life, etc, it's just not gonna happen.
The Sky High meet that may or may not happen is just something fun for the local SoCal heads.

Don't worry, March Mayhem Part Redux will happen next year and will be bigger, better, and more badass than this year. AND EVERYONE WILL BE INVITED!!! :hfive:

I just want to golf with you guys. Not hating. But ifyou guys have another meet on the same weekend it might keep some in-between folks from comin north. Next march mayhem I'll be there. Sounded epic

I just want to golf with you guys. Not hating. But ifyou guys have another meet on the same weekend it might keep some in-between folks from comin north. Next march mayhem I'll be there. Sounded epic

All good, I was just messin' with ya! :p

The SoCal event will not be promoted anything like the March Mayhem event.
And if anyone is on the fence, I'll be the first one to recommend to them that they should head North! :hfive:
The reason we picked that weekend is because The Wrist's birthday is that weekend and it is still early enough in the summer that it won't be crazy hot.

Again, if anyone is on the fence, head to Toney's!!!

As far as March Mayhem #2 next year, I'm going to make it super awesome! Better planning, more organized, and we'll also have some custom stamped discs! I'm actually gonna start planning for next year sometime soon. Things went well this year but I now realize a few mistakes I made.
We had an awesome time, but next year is gonna be EPIC!

What about making it a c tier? Just a thought

This thought has crossed my mind. My only concern is that with a sanctioned tourney a bunch of non-DGCR members might show up and change the whole vibe of the meet up. Of course everyone is invited (DGCR member or not), but I would like to keep it a DGCR-centric event and I would hate for a bunch of locals to show up and kind of turn it into a "locals only" thing.

How does one get an event to be sanctioned? Would I have to charge the players? (I guess it's time to read some PDGA before I get prerube'd! ;))