• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Speed 11, Stable distance driver?

oldredhat

Bogey Member
I'm looking for something a notch more stable and a notch slower than a Sword. Is it a Wraith? Any others? This will be a straightish distance driver. I'd like a little turn, but if like it to fade back to Neutral or just past neutral.

For me, Swords and Wraiths are comprable so I wouldnt say thats a good comparison. But there is so many options out there its almost unreal these days...

I'd like a little turn, but if like it to fade back to Neutral or just past neutral.

My first suggestion is the Krait. Champ Kraits are a McBeth signature disc and he does carry and throw it on occasions. The Krait flies very straight, then "dump" fades, not curving fade to the left (RHBH throw) like the Wraith, but just a ground-seeking dump. The Krait, like the Wraith, is a Speed 11 disc.

A little slower might be a Beast, a C-Line TD (tends to be understable for stronger arms), or an Inertia. I haven't tried a CD, and it might be slower than what you're wanting.

I would say Wraith because the one Champ Krait I had flew about like a Teerex. That's the happiest I've ever been to lose a disc.

If you are saying a notch more overstable, then a Discmania DD is a good choice

S line PDs are nice stable discs you can trust, and they can fly far if needed.

GStar Krait, Proton Wrath.
These are my "less overstable than Destroyer" discs for straighter (less turn) shots that also finish straighter.

The Wrath has more HSS so it's better in stronger wind.

Wraith or Jun, I'd get a Champ or Star Wraith in a heavier weight or a max weight Dragon line Jun.

I'd say C-Line DD or S-Line PD. Discmania has REALLY been growing on my lately. The DD will be very straight, stable with a good hyzer finish, and fly a good distance. (I have about 400' of consistent distance and the DD goes about 350-375 for me)

The PD will be much more overstable, but in S-Line it's very straight with a strong finish and has noticeably more glide.

Otherwise, if you like Trilogy plastic, the Boatman is a good semi-OS driver. Still gets a bit of turn, but hooks up pretty well. More OS than a Sword, not quite as long.

A couple that came to mind was Felon or Saint Pro - both are speed 9 I believe......Northman, i think that is a speed 10 (-1 turn & 2 fade). Good Luck

Ive been throwing a domey 174 esp surge, around 340, and they are stable for me. Compared to nate doss surge it is definitely more stable, however the Z surge and especially the sparkle surge are pretty os. Id also say that my c line PD (175) is in between a z and esp surge.

Latest posts