• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sponsorship changes

I wanna say Simon and Avery are in Europe, but not sure. I remember seeing a FB post about them doing clinics over there.

With the tour schedule criss-crossing the country quite a bit, a lot of Pros have opted to skip a leg or two of the NT to save money. Locastro lives in California, I doubt he wants to make the trip three times (vibram; hambrick/rochester; usdgc) in a year.

Avery is going to be in Europe through the European Masters with Lizotte and will return in time for Worlds.

Rating since Prodigy started existing:

Cale Leiviska:
18 dec 2012 - 1037
Now - 1029

Will Schusterick
18 dec 2012 - 1044
Now - 1034

Nikko Locastro
18 dec 2012 - 1037
Now - 1036

Ricky Wysocki
18 dec 2012 - 1041
Now - 1046

Paul Ulibarri
18 dec 2012 - 1029
Now - 1021

Jeremy Koling
18 dec 2012 - 1029
Now - 1027

Double G
November 2012 - 1035
Now - 1023

Downwards spiral? Except for Sockibomb..

most of those changes aren't that drastic, except will and garrett. how statistically significant are these changes?

showing a change over one period doesn't give a very good picture. how do these changes compare to their ratings over other periods of time? if one's rating has been consistently going up over a period and then falls for the first time then that is significant. not so much if one's rating has a history of fluctuating back and forth.

most of those changes aren't that drastic, except will and garrett. how statistically significant are these changes?

showing a change over one period doesn't give a very good picture. how do these changes compare to their ratings over other periods of time? if one's rating has been consistently going up over a period and then falls for the first time then that is significant. not so much if one's rating has a history of fluctuating back and forth.

That info is very easy to view. Simply go to the player page at PDGA and click "Ratings History".

Paul McBeth Ratings History

Ratings swings are pretty much normal for everybody...

Rating since Prodigy started existing:

Cale Leiviska:
18 dec 2012 - 1037
Now - 1029
Ratings history

Will Schusterick
18 dec 2012 - 1044
Now - 1034
Ratings history

Nikko Locastro
18 dec 2012 - 1037
Now - 1036
Ratings history

Ricky Wysocki
18 dec 2012 - 1041
Now - 1046
Ratings history

Paul Ulibarri
18 dec 2012 - 1029
Now - 1021
Ratings history

Jeremy Koling
18 dec 2012 - 1029
Now - 1027
Ratings history

Double G
November 2012 - 1035
Now - 1023
Ratings history

Downwards spiral? Except for Sockibomb..
Period of adjustment perhaps, but doubtful.

Might be good to point out that on the women's end, both Paige and Catrina have hit the 970 mark, the highest rating in their careers.

Last edited:
that's why I asked for "stats" early on... pretty sure they all are making more $ too lol

The ratings history is just.. that'

That particular period of time is since Prodigy started, that's why I picked it. If I recall correctly, it's was january 1st 2013 they launched Prodigy, and since then, they have been throwing their discs more and more.

Off course I understand that these numbers isn't extreme in any way, but somehow, it gives Prodigys AMAAAAZING discs and game changing ways seem a bit excessive.

Last edited:
There is no question the discs have something to do with it. I think switching from big bead Aviars is one of the hardest changes to make. When Wysocki goes back to them he is better. Didn't he putt them at Texas State Championship and win?

Another big factor is complete FH and BH game to along with great putting. McBeth, Wysocki and Lizotte have it. Shusterick, Locastro, Feldberg, McCray don't.

I would say the biggest factor is the relative dominance of McBeth. He is on another level. Whoever starts beating him will not be one of these guys. It will be someone brand new.

The shame is that getting that good takes touring, but touring is high risk low reward in DG. Any decent job should keep a rational human being confined to local tournaments.

Although I typically agree with the "it's the archer, not the arrow" mentality, I think changing equipment must cause at least a temporary dip in ratings. When you have spent thousands of hours practicing with 11x Rocs and 10X Aviars and are suddenly, or even gradually, forced to change to discs with slightly different feel and flight, it makes sense that your rating may dip temporarily. Plus all the stuff that everyone else said.

So now that the dust has settled more or less, who does everyone feel has benefitted and regressed from sponsorship changes the past couple seasons? I will start with regressed

Nikko Locastro, Gregg Barsby, Will Schusterick, Eric McCabe

Benefitted

Ricky Wysocki(he came into his own anyways so maybe it wouldn't matter if he was throwing lightning discs)

I don't think anyone rating has went up since joining prodigy on the male side of things. Everyone should of stayed where they were.

I dont know, what is up with Feldberg the first few holes of the 2nd round video from the KCWO. Some of those upshots were pretty easy and he just looked terrible, later he was throwing as far as the rest of the card. I dont think it was discs or old age. He should be able to get closer than 50' on a wide open 100' upshot regardless of age or disc.

So mister armchair QB why aren't you out there whooping butt if it is so easy. Funny how all y'all talk the talk on here but are not walking the walk. Truth is all of these guy would whoop you, me, and most every other player on here and get paid in the process. The only way to be the man is to beat the man. If you can't stfu.

The game's advancing, people are getting better. People can say what they want, but at the moment McBeth is the greatest of all time.

That said, it takes time to adjust to new molds, so give those guys a break. Ricky is just insanely talented, naturally, so he's the exception.

The game's advancing, people are getting better. People can say what they want, but at the moment McBeth is the greatest of all time.

KC is the greatest of all time. Paul has 10 more World Championships to go get on that level. He is on pace though for sure.

Nate Doss (no offense) was "on pace" as well, and still has more Worlds than Paul.

Shaq might could beat Bill Russell in one on one if they were both in their primes, but is anyone saying Shaq is better than Russell?

Nope

Climo is still the GOAT as of right now

So mister armchair QB why aren't you out there whooping butt if it is so easy. Funny how all y'all talk the talk on here but are not walking the walk. Truth is all of these guy would whoop you, me, and most every other player on here and get paid in the process. The only way to be the man is to beat the man. If you can't stfu.

lol

you obviously don't know 1978

Nate Doss (no offense) was "on pace" as well, and still has more Worlds than Paul.

Good point. Doss is still a great player, no doubt about it. His shots in the final nine of the KC Wide Open were almost flawless. So I guess there's something to be said for sticking with one brand for a long time, haha

Good point. Doss is still a great player, no doubt about it. His shots in the final nine of the KC Wide Open were almost flawless. So I guess there's something to be said for sticking with one brand for a long time, haha

Doss was killing it! :hfive: Nate!

Latest posts