• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Squall plastic stability

wolfmandragon

* Ace Member *
I had a P line 170g Squall that I let a friend borrow and it is never coming home. He has agreed to buy me a new one as he has the above disc broken in perfect to his use. It is one of the old white with tie die circle stamps that I picked up from Marshall Street last year.
How does the new stamp P line compare(or is that just an Innova thing?) ? How about SP or the midnight flyer's?
I am trying to find a new disc that will have that long gentle turn that the broken in 170g has.
Could someone give me a heads ups if either one of the following would compare?
166g light green SP?
167g midnight flyer?
Thanks

I'd say get a D-Line Squall and a Glow Squall.

The D Squall flies a lot like a Proline Squall new. It will season quickly into a turning disc, but will still retain the late fade when thrown on a hyzer.

The Glow Squall is a great hyzer flip disc that will flip up flat and hold a laser line to the ground, or will give you a slow turn when released flat. It's a little touchy into a headwind, but it will have more turn and less fade than a SP.

All that being said, my old seasoned Proline Squall is still my favorite. I definetly won't be letting anyone barter mine away.

I can't speak to the stability difference of the new Prolines, but I have noticed the new Proline blend is a little softer and more flexy. I'm also curious to hear stability and durability comparisons between the two Proline blends, so hopefully some Squall lovers can give us some insight.

I'd say get a D-Line Squall and a Glow Squall.

The D Squall flies a lot like a Proline Squall new. It will season quickly into a turning disc, but will still retain the late fade when thrown on a hyzer.

The Glow Squall is a great hyzer flip disc that will flip up flat and hold a laser line to the ground, or will give you a slow turn when released flat. It's a little touchy into a headwind, but it will have more turn and less fade than a SP.

All that being said, my old seasoned Proline Squall is still my favorite. I definetly won't be letting anyone barter mine away.

I can't speak to the stability difference of the new Prolines, but I have noticed the new Proline blend is a little softer and more flexy. I'm also curious to hear stability and durability comparisons between the two Proline blends, so hopefully some Squall lovers can give us some insight.

Thanks, this is helpful. I am going with the 167g Midnight Flyer. I will do a die by side comparison when the disc arrives.

I could not find a proline in the old stamp that was light in weight and white. I am in the camp of those whom think that different pigments affect the flight of the disc, or it may just be release of the disc.

The courses around here are hard on mid-range discs, a D would go flippy in about 2 weeks.

As far as the bartering of the disc, my friend 'borrowed ' it last year soon after I picked up a box load of clearance discs off of MS. I figured that was the cheapest way to learn what I liked and did not like. I was throwing forehand then and the Squall did not resist OAT like some of the other discs. Now I throw backhand and I see the beauty of the Squall

tie-dye Proline from 2010 somewhat flexible, super durable, flies great...
green Proline from 2012 stiffer, slicker, durable, doesn't fly as well(less glide/more fade)...
yellow Proline from 2015 has some Z in it, pretty firm, very durable, flies well, but not as nice as the tie-dye.

Latest posts