• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SQUATCH Legend!

So I got a Squatch Legend to carry on courses that are difficult to roll my Zuca on. I preordered it and it arrived last week. I have gotten a few rounds in with it and am really loving it so far. The materials are top notch, it holds a ton of discs and gear, and carriers extremely light.

I have owned an octorhorpe in the past and the comfort and materials seems very similar, and obviously the design is very similar as well. I would give a slight nod to the octothorpe for comfort, mostly because of the load lifters on the shoulder straps, which the legend doesn't have. Quality wise we will just have to wait and see. I have noticed that so far the legend stands up better than the octothorpe, which I always thought was tippy when I owned it.

I think this is a fantastic option for those looking in the $250ish price range. The legend is definitely a more comfortable bag than a Grip A Series (which I have also owned), and holds more as well.

There are a few review videos on YouTube you can check out if you might be interested, including one by Doth that is pretty informative.

The Squatch Legend really is a dream to carry, but I still see myself rolling my Zuca when I can, especially for tournaments, but that's personal preference.
Thanks for contributing something useful to this thread. I'm considering the Legend, and was hoping to get some feedback from someone who carries one.

I'm a pretty small guy, 5'6", and skinny. I don't need a huge bag because I intend to pack it full all the time, I just want to have the extra storage for when I need to ditch my jacket, do field work, or carry discs for a buddy. Do you think this bag will be significantly over sized? I saw Doth's review about how it sort of sits wide on the shoulders, do you think that will be a legitimate issue for a smaller guy?

Thanks!

Thanks for contributing something useful to this thread. I'm considering the Legend, and was hoping to get some feedback from someone who carries one.

I'm a pretty small guy, 5'6", and skinny. I don't need a huge bag because I intend to pack it full all the time, I just want to have the extra storage for when I need to ditch my jacket, do field work, or carry discs for a buddy. Do you think this bag will be significantly over sized? I saw Doth's review about how it sort of sits wide on the shoulders, do you think that will be a legitimate issue for a smaller guy?

Thanks!

from

Attachments

• WRFsIKe.jpg
    WRFsIKe.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 143
I got mine the other day. I have thrown one round with it. So far, so good. The putter pocket is amazing, and already liking the storage options. I'm really hoping it holds up.

I got mine the other day. I have thrown one round with it. So far, so good. The putter pocket is amazing, and already liking the storage options. I'm really hoping it holds up.
Cool, I ended up placing an order this weekend. It would awesome if I got it this week, but with Christmas coming I'm expecting shipping to take a bit longer than usual.

Cool, I ended up placing an order this weekend. It would awesome if I got it this week, but with Christmas coming I'm expecting shipping to take a bit longer than usual.

I put my order in on Tuesday and it arrived at my house on Friday.

Thanks!

Sorry, just saw your post.

I have not noticed the bag feeling overly huge, or the wide sitting straps that Doth suggested. I do however always use the chest clip because I think it has a huge impact on comfort when carrying. I really don't see anybody having any serious issues with the bag being too big, even for people of a smaller stature. That being said, I am taller and pretty broad shouldered despite being slim around the middle, so I am not sure my opinion counts for that much.

As a general update for everyone:

I have now carried the bag for several more rounds and am more and more impressed with it. It is extremely comfortable and holds everything I can possibly need. I have really been enjoying the molle strap that allows me to carry my retriever or a stool interchangeably. The pocket layout is fantastic, and the huge open putter pocket is awesome. I also got rained on one round and the inside stayed relatively dry considering I got absolutely dumped on.

I have also had the bag on a bag boy quad push cart (big jerms cart) and it has completely changed everything for me. I was using a zuca compact for a cart, but the bag boy is much easier the push around and it's nice to just take the bag on and off depending on the course. I am going to rock the Squatch Legend/bag boy combo for the winter and I am really looking forward to it.

My bag showed up on Thursday. Unfortunately, I caught a bug and haven't gotten to play a round with it yet, but I've got some observations.

This bag appears to be built very well. It looks really good, and the pockets and layout seem really useful.

Like most bags, it works best fully loaded, but I won't be doing that. I don't need 20 discs plus 3 putters, and I don't want to carry that many discs just to fill out the bag. I am working on some divider/cup holder options to make it a little more practical for my needs so that I don't need to carry a bunch of unnecessary discs. I've got some ideas for minor "mods" to make this disc fit my needs a bit better, but overall it seems great.

I can't wait to get this out to the course.

Dang. This was a brutal thread to wade through. My wife hooked me up with a Squatch bag for Christmas and I was super stoked on it, so I came here to see how people were liking theirs... but it seems I've been unwittingly dragged into a controversy.
Did I want a pound bag? Absolutely... I'm from the town where Pound started.. my buddy works for Pound... I WOULD LOVE TO SUPPORT THEM... but. I simply cannot justify spending $500+ on a disc golf bag, it's just not realistic. I definitely see the issue where it's an Octothorpe clone; I was unaware it was as close as some make it out to be... but ultimately, Squatch had features i cared about more... I don't need the customization that pound offers... I wanted the wider opening, the disc slot on the flap, larger putter quiver, and something that held 20-25 discs while not breaking the bank... I was looking at the Grip, but heard too many complaints about disc space and comfort, so Squatch it was. It checked all the boxes, and my wife Absolutely crushed it with the gift. After reading this thread.. I'm a little less stoked knowing there's controversy surrounding it, and that kinda sucks... but, this is still a massive step up from my Commander bag and I'm very grateful to have received the Legend today. Maybe one day I'll make the leap to Pound... but... I just can't right now. So until then, I'll enjoy the Legend.

Dang. After reading this thread.. I'm a little less stoked knowing there's controversy surrounding it, and that kinda sucks... but, this is still a massive step up from my Commander bag and I'm very grateful to have received the Legend today.

Your wife bought you an awesome gift that you wanted. You will always remember that when telling people about the bag or using it. That's an awesome feeling to have!

I wouldn't get to wrapped up in what the people on here say or feel. There are some people
on here that are VERY opinionated and are going to shove that opinion down your throat. Ignore the haters:hfive:

Dang. This was a brutal thread to wade through. My wife hooked me up with a Squatch bag for Christmas and I was super stoked on it, so I came here to see how people were liking theirs... but it seems I've been unwittingly dragged into a controversy.
Did I want a pound bag? Absolutely... I'm from the town where Pound started.. my buddy works for Pound... I WOULD LOVE TO SUPPORT THEM... but. I simply cannot justify spending $500+ on a disc golf bag, it's just not realistic. I definitely see the issue where it's an Octothorpe clone; I was unaware it was as close as some make it out to be... but ultimately, Squatch had features i cared about more... I don't need the customization that pound offers... I wanted the wider opening, the disc slot on the flap, larger putter quiver, and something that held 20-25 discs while not breaking the bank... I was looking at the Grip, but heard too many complaints about disc space and comfort, so Squatch it was. It checked all the boxes, and my wife Absolutely crushed it with the gift. After reading this thread.. I'm a little less stoked knowing there's controversy surrounding it, and that kinda sucks... but, this is still a massive step up from my Commander bag and I'm very grateful to have received the Legend today. Maybe one day I'll make the leap to Pound... but... I just can't right now. So until then, I'll enjoy the Legend.

Two things will help over time:

You'll read more comments from people who actually HAVE the bag (they seem to really like it).

A number of pros will be carrying it starting in 2022. Pros have done a lot over the years to give Pound brand awareness.

Your wife bought you a great gift. And really...$400 - $500 for a disc golf backpack? Sure, there's a market for that, but I don't see justifying that to my wife. And unless you play with a lot of Pound customers, NOBODY will notice your bag.

Dang. This was a brutal thread to wade through. My wife hooked me up with a Squatch bag for Christmas and I was super stoked on it, so I came here to see how people were liking theirs... but it seems I've been unwittingly dragged into a controversy...

what an awesome present from your wife! I'd never expect somebody outside the die hard disc golf community to know the connection between squatch and pound... and even though I am not a big fan of pound getting their idea copied I would have a hard time justifying the full pound price to myself

would be curious to hear what you think of the bag once you have more of a chance to try it out!

On the surface it would appear that Drew Gibson winning the LVC is great press for Squatch.

But thinking more about it, I realized that winning the LVC wasn't an original idea. Gibson clearly stole the idea in 2020 when the LVC was won by Nate Sexton... sponsored by Pound Disc Golf!

I got to check one of these out in person... I'm actually not a fan.. it seems to be built well tho... for the price it's hard to beat.

I would probably choose Squatch over a Grip at this point... Grip bags need more "flare" imo... they have gone bland.

Curious to see what colorways Squatch comes out with.

I got to check one of these out in person... I'm actually not a fan.. it seems to be built well tho... for the price it's hard to beat.

I would probably choose Squatch over a Grip at this point... Grip bags need more "flare" imo... they have gone bland.

Curious to see what colorways Squatch comes out with.

Pretty sure this price point it's trying to compete with grip more than handmade in the USA bags

Latest posts