• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SQUATCH Legend!

Half the price of a Pound...same materials...you should get a Squatch!

They have a bag walkthrough on FB. Looks pretty good...a little floppy but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I think they should have added a little more storage space and a little less disc compacity, but that's a minor gripe.

I would be curious to see the integrity of the bag without a full load of discs in the main pocket...like 18 instead of 24

Last edited:
Black Gorilla Boy Simian feels...

Yeah it screams Octothorpe clone. Doth Savek just did an unboxing. Haven't watched it yet, but I'm sure we will get the usual thorough take here or eventually.

On second look at Saveks review, it looks to have good storage and rigidity.

This should be a popular bag for sure...price is right, materials are great, and Grip just had a lackluster release.

I have two Voodoo spinal tap 3 and will be ordering a Zuca Transit soon....so I'm set for life.

With the amount of disc golfers tripling....the market is ripe for a mid priced premium bag.

Grip did own this space but looks like Squatch will be direct competition.

*the Squatch phone pocket should be stretchy or bigger.

Last edited:
On second look at Saveks review, it looks to have good storage and rigidity.

This should be a popular bag for sure...price is right, materials are great, and Grip just had a lackluster release.

I have two Voodoo spinal tap 3 and will be ordering a Zuca Transit soon....so I'm set for life.

With the amount of disc golfers tripling....the market is ripe for a mid priced premium bag.

Grip did own this space but looks like Squatch will be direct competition.

*the Squatch phone pocket should be stretchy or bigger.

Yeah it was a good first look at the bag. I got a Core Pro recently and feel a transit likely in my eventual future, so not really in the market personally. I have a Juju and Karma from Voodoo, love those but needed a backpack bc of back issues

This bag is a total ripoff. It is a panel by panel, stitch by stitch copy.

This guy is a thief. Period. (It isn't the typical Chinese knock-off brand either--it is US owned thieves who sent a Pound bag to a factory in China and said "Knock this off, please.")

No one should support this brand until they develop their own product.

Competition is healthy. Theft shouldn't be rewarded.

^Did Pound patent their design? If not, while still shady, you can't call this theft.

^Did Pound patent their design? If not, while still shady, you can't call this theft.

Clearly, you are not a patent/IP lawyer.

Theft is theft. Violation of trade dress is theft. Stealing your car, even if it isn't registered or insured, is still theft.

Look at the Squatch design. Even though there is no mini pocket, there are still the diagonal stitching lines where Pound puts their mini pocket.

It is egregious. It is theft. Plain and simple.

Last edited:
They are all backpacks....to claim theft is dumb...

Pound didn't copy parts of any prior DG or school backpack? Cmon.

Squatch looks dope...buy it

They are all backpacks....to claim theft is dumb...

Pound didn't copy parts of any prior DG or school backpack? Cmon.

Squatch looks dope...buy it

This is dumb, and not how trade protections (or basic decency) works.

Most every car has 4 wheels, a steering wheel, seats, wipers, etc. You can design another car around those shared basics without simply sending a Ferrari to a Chinese factory and asking them to build a knockoff.

Same goes here.

It's theft. And shady. And sad to think anyone in the DG community will support it.

Here's the saddest part, from Squatch's own website:

"My father and I found disc golf in 2016 and became immediately obsessed. After playing for a couple of years we started to notice our disc golf bags were falling apart, and they lacked many of the features we felt should be standard for any disc golf bag. So with our combined experience designing and manufacturing custom bags and cases for major companies all over the world, we set out to use those skills and create the best disc golf backpack on the planet. Every bag we make is designed with you in mind. Our passion for the sport is matched only by our passion for creating legendary products for our customers."

"With my background in marketing, and his 20+ years of experience in custom case design and manufacturing, one day a light bulb just went off during a round and we realized that we could create something so much better for disc golfers and help propel the sport forward. After a few months of talking it over and planning, we just decided to send it, and thus Squatch was born."

This knockoff is the best they could do after years of experience designing bags and marketing?

Nope, it ought to read "My dad knew some folks at a factory in China, and I made a website...."

Pretty sure what they mean by "we just decided to send it..." is "we bought a Pound bag and just decided to send it to a factory in China."

Eff these guys.

Last edited:
Bruh, you blind? Look at the zipper flap on top of the putter quiver. It is sewn to the body of the bag on the FRONT of the bag. Pound sews that flap to the BACK of the bag. Totally opposite and not a ripoff.

Looking at the front of the bag, the Squatch does not have a bungee or a mini slot. The Pound Octothorpe has both of those features on the front. So it's like an entirely different design.

The flap-closure phone pocket on the Squatch is unique, not similar to any of the pockets on the Octo. Zero theft.

Straps are different, too. Octothorpe straps have webbing all the way up that connects to the top of the bag's body. The webbing on the Squatch strap ends a few inches above the sternum buckle. So that's a different strap design, or else they ran out of webbing.

How can the Squatch cooler insert be "stolen" from the Pound design? The Pound cooler insert doesn't even have a top closure!

So in summary: it's a completely different frolf pack. Not at all a direct and shameless copy of the Pound bag.

Clearly, you are not a patent/IP lawyer.

Theft is theft. Violation of trade dress is theft. Stealing your car, even if it isn't registered or insured, is still theft.

Look at the Squatch design. Even though there is no mini pocket, there are still the diagonal stitching lines where Pound puts their mini pocket.

It is egregious. It is theft. Plain and simple.

Agreed. I'm not. I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night though.:p

I think we agree that what Squatch is doing is wrong. I think you're reaching a bit here though. Not sure how the car example is at all relevant.

Bruh, you blind? Look at the zipper flap on top of the putter quiver. It is sewn to the body of the bag on the FRONT of the bag. Pound sews that flap to the BACK of the bag. Totally opposite and not a ripoff.

Looking at the front of the bag, the Squatch does not have a bungee or a mini slot. The Pound Octothorpe has both of those features on the front. So it's like an entirely different design.

The flap-closure phone pocket on the Squatch is unique, not similar to any of the pockets on the Octo. Zero theft.

Straps are different, too. Octothorpe straps have webbing all the way up that connects to the top of the bag's body. The webbing on the Squatch strap ends a few inches above the sternum buckle. So that's a different strap design, or else they ran out of webbing.

How can the Squatch cooler insert be "stolen" from the Pound design? The Pound cooler insert doesn't even have a top closure!

So in summary: it's a completely different frolf pack. Not at all a direct and shameless copy of the Pound bag.

No! (stomps feet) it's theft! Call the police

Doth Savek addressed it in the video and showed examples where things were different, even does a side by side comparison. It definitely isn't a panel for panel clone. It may definitely be a movie soundtrack featuring some from and inspired by the film tho.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk