• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SQUATCH Legend!

It is obviously not a stitch for stitch copy. And no one used that phrase, except you.

It was copied stitch by stitch...

Oh whoops! Yes, I misquoted you. Should have been stitch BY stitch, not stitch FOR stitch. (I'm not sure what the technical difference is, but you are correct that I mixed up the wording.) Sorry for the misquote, ODRB.

^ This is what it looks like when a person acknowledges that they made a mistake, and works to correct the error.

Now back to the topic at hand: is anyone setting up a GoFundMe so that Stardoggy can get a SQUATCH bag and write us a detailed review?

Squatch also has lifetime warranty. The Pound bag is not "a little extra", it's double the price of a Squatch...with the same materials.

In this case I don't feel the "China vs U.S" is the main problem.... the problem is a $500 backpack...makes it very easy to undercut.

LOL

If you're gonna use quotes, a least quote something I ACTUALLY WROTE. Wow. I said "I would pay extra" …which I did.

How do you think the bag costs 1/2? Because China workers are paid more??? Do you think there are worker's rights in Chinese factories??

Uh oh....Pound just emailed me back saying 90%+ of the materials are manufactured in the U.S.

So where is that other >10% coming from?

Let's rage and Boycott!

LOL

If you're gonna use quotes, a least quote something I ACTUALLY WROTE. Wow. I said "I would pay extra" …which I did.

How do you think the bag costs 1/2? Because China workers are paid more??? Do you think there are worker's rights in Chinese factories??

It's about the value of a product....just because it's a mostly U.S. product doesn't mean we should be guilted into paying $500 for a backpack. It doesn't make us less American or "part of a problem"...

It's a backpack bro.....a backpack

Apologies for the misquote... "pay extra" could be more specific... "pay double" feels like a more accurate representation.

Last edited:
It's about the value of a product....just because it's a mostly U.S. product doesn't mean we should be guilted into paying $500 for a backpack. It doesn't make us less American or "part of a problem"...

It's a backpack bro.....a backpack

Apologies for the misquote... "pay extra" could be more specific... "pay double" feels like a more accurate representation.

But "it's just a…" on everything you buy. It's a backpack that I'll use 3-4 times a week if not more in the summer. For a sport I love. So sure it's a backpack. **** man, a JANSPORT is only 15.99 at Walmart or on Amazon. Should just buy that.

It's just a backpack.

Let's rage and Boycott!

Did anybody encourage a boycott of products that are not American made? I missed that part.

Grip bags are made in China I think. Good design. Good bags. Seemingly good company. I know I liked the Grip I had, and they treated me right when mine had a problem. Upper Park is the same I think. Others too.

I know I was merely suggesting we shouldn't give a windfall (or any pats on the back) to these clowns who were willing to steal a great design from a company that supports the disc golf community. If you don't want to pay $500 for a bag, don't. There are plenty of places to get good <$250 bags from companies who have earned your business and done right by other folks in the DG community.

But "it's just a…" on everything you buy. It's a backpack that I'll use 3-4 times a week if not more in the summer. For a sport I love. So sure it's a backpack. **** man, a JANSPORT is only 15.99 at Walmart or on Amazon. Should just buy that.

It's just a backpack.

True....hell, if the walmart/amazon version is $15 and an American company has one for double...that's fine, I will pay $30...

BUT when those numbers escalate for a high priced luxury item with little functional difference then cheaper backpacks....I'm gonna have to make a choice.....everyone should stop and think...

Does Pound know the average American income is 32k?

It's a week's worth of pay, for the average american, for a backpack.

Last edited:
Did anybody encourage a boycott of products that are not American made? I missed that part.

Grip bags are made in China I think. Good design. Good bags. Seemingly good company. I know I liked the Grip I had, and they treated me right when mine had a problem. Upper Park is the same I think. Others too.

I know I was merely suggesting we shouldn't give a windfall (or any pats on the back) to these clowns who were willing to steal a great design from a company that supports the disc golf community. If you don't want to pay $500 for a bag, don't. There are plenty of places to get good <$250 bags from companies who have earned your business and done right by other folks in the DG community.

Oh....so you are just mad to be mad lol...

They are not the same bag....so it ends your OMD rants altogether. You have clearly forgot how the free market works.

The example of these 2 bag companies is replicated in almost every product in the u.s.

It's like when you go to the grocery store....you can get fresh made artisan bread that costs $15 a loaf or get the supermarket off-brand for $2.50.

BUT these bags are marketed as having the same ingredients(material). So even more of a reason to go with the "off-brand".

...item with little functional difference....

In two years, let's set them side by side and see.

...I'm gonna have to make a choice...

Yup. There are many DG bags you can buy for Squatch's $245 pricetag. You are going to have to make a choice about who you support with your hard earned dollars.

Good thing that, with a Squatch budget, you could buy literally (and I mean that literally) ANY other DG bag on the planet except a Pound. You know, from any of the many many other DG companies who didn't rip off another decent, hard-working member of the DG community.

True....hell, if the walmart/amazon version is $15 and an American company has one for double...that's fine, I will pay $30...

BUT when those numbers escalate for a high priced luxury item with little functional difference then cheaper backpacks....I'm gonna have to make a choice.....everyone should stop and think...

Does Pound know the average American income is 32k?

It's a week's worth of pay, for the average american, for a backpack.

Sure man. Check out what other hobbies (fishing, hunting, golf, shooting, skiing) quality packs and cases go for. But yeah man you've convinced me. Ordering a JANSPORT on Amazon. No need to reply.

please

Oh....so you are just mad to be mad lol...

They are not the same bag....so it ends your OMD rants altogether. You have clearly forgot how the free market works.

The example of these 2 bag companies is replicated in almost every product in the u.s.

It's like when you go to the grocery store....you can get fresh made artisan bread that costs $15 a loaf or get the supermarket off-brand for $2.50.

BUT these bags are marketed as having the same ingredients(material). So even more of a reason to go with the "off-brand".

Why would I buy the CD from the band I like, when I can buy a $2 pirated copy on eBay?

Bread ain't the same. No one designed the loaf.

The free market has IP protections for a reason. To prevent theft. You are the reason those protections need to exist.

(I've lived in SF and Portland OR, and even I have never seen $15 grocery store bread.)

Doth Savek 45 minute mark of his video "anyone saying the Squatch is a panel for panel copy of the Pound, is Wrong."

Also puts the bags side by side and shows how they are clearly different in plenty of ways.

Doth Savek 45 minute mark of his video "anyone saying the Squatch is a panel for panel copy of the Pound, is Wrong."

Also puts the bags side by side and shows how they are clearly different in plenty of ways.

I DID MY RESEARCH ON YOUTUBE!!!

I DID MY RESEARCH ON YOUTUBE!!!

I guess you missed this part:

"Also puts the bags side by side and shows how they are clearly different in plenty of ways."

If he took a tape measure to all the panels it would be even more different.... keep being big mad....and wrong

I guess you missed this part:

"Also puts the bags side by side and shows how they are clearly different in plenty of ways."

If he took a tape measure to all the panels it would be even more different.... keep being big mad....and wrong

I guess you and I see this fundamentally differently. I saw that part, and he says they're clearly different but points to how one panel is shaped ever so slightly differently in one place as his example.

If you can't see that they're knock offs, I guess they're marketing to you. And if you can't see that you have plenty of other options at the same price, I guess Squatch is marketing to you.