• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Stable I mean REALLY stable rockstar?

discchess86

I recently picked up a rockstar and teebird (in active premium and star) to complete my driver game and I was throwing them today and noticed that my rockstar is SUPER stable, almost like my teebird. Is this like that for many of you? Maybe because its not beaten in at all and the plastic, but i didn't expect that OS of a flight.

Last edited:
Your experience aligns with most of the reviews on Infinite Discs for the Active Premium Rockstar.

Maybe the flight numbers were given to the base plastic version originally? I remember the original Active line discs were all under 170g in base plastics. Premium came around later and are now available in >170g. Seems like DM had a lot of those Active line discs made so maybe consistency wasn't perfect.

Probably better off trying a FD in S-line now. Or a JLS in standard plastic. Or a Pro Leopard. Mint Jackalope. Axiom Crave. DGA Pipeline. Lots of popular molds in that neutral 6-8 speed range.

Ok thanks. I happened to be in the area of a new pro shop in PA so I thought I'd check it out. Now that I think about it I should have just met in the middle and got an FD or river (which is what I had before) and saved myself a few bucks. I guess what I might do is beat in the teebird to straight and sell the rockstar or just sell it and stick with the rockstar, seeing as I already have a thunderbird (maybe I will just sell both?). I guess what I was looking for in the rockstar was a faster leopard3, but that does not seem to be the case.

Last edited:

Latest posts