• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Midrange Assistance

MVP/Axiom 6 and 6.5 speeds feel like hybrids to me, but still fly like fairways. The Crave specifically feels very mid-like in the hand, but the Signal, Relay, and Servo all sort of do as well. I've heard people say the same about the Kastaplast Svea and Kaxe/KaxeZ as well.

I am agreeing with a lot of people here as far as disc suggestions go.

I would add that toying with lighter than you previously would have thrown may help feel less stress when throwing drivers and give you a bigger separation in distance to your mids.

I would try a couple, maybe something like 150 Star teebird and fission crave.

If you are looking for a disc that fits right between a roc3 and comet that is the Iguana that Jamie mentioned above. Comet like flight but more fade.

+1 Truth
+1 Leopard
+1 Kaxe/KaxeZ

River is a good option.

Stig from Kastaplast is new and similar to the Kaxe/Z but less stable.

Zombee from Discraft.

a lightweight Saint would be on the faster end, but still pretty easy to move and keep moving.

+1 Truth
+1 Leopard
+1 Kaxe/KaxeZ

River is a good option.

Stig from Kastaplast is new and similar to the Kaxe/Z but less stable.

Zombee from Discraft.

a lightweight Saint would be on the faster end, but still pretty easy to move and keep moving.

The Stig is like a Pro Leopard flight in premium plastic. Now if only I could find a white with black stamp, IYKYK.

MVP/Axiom 6 and 6.5 speeds feel like hybrids to me, but still fly like fairways. The Crave specifically feels very mid-like in the hand, but the Signal, Relay, and Servo all sort of do as well. I've heard people say the same about the Kastaplast Svea and Kaxe/KaxeZ as well.

The Kaxe for me -yes. The Svea - no. I bag both and I find I've been using the Kaxe for a lot of Star Leopard situations. I have only been throwing the Svea for a little over a month but so far, it definitely feels like a true mid to me and I throw it as such.