• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Star Metal Flake Destroyer?

Ok this was way harder than it needed to be but hopefully they work;

mfsd2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
mfsd3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have an identical looking disc, 170 purple destroyer

These are all pictures of the same disc just different lighting situations which is throwing the color off. As you can see, finally, little square shinny flakes are scattered in the plastic. No where near what is usually seen in champ mf but they are pretty evenly spaced.

With that level of sparkles, I'd guess it was what you suspected at the beginning and some of the sparkle/MF material was leftover in the mold when they were transitioning from champ to Star plastic. It's not enough sparkles to have been intentionally added in my opinion, so probably just a transition effect.

Quick questions:

1. Is it only happening on glittery stamp Star discs?

2. Is it only on the top that you're seeing the effect?

My guess is that when they run the glittery foil, some of the glittery residue is being heated up and ingrained into the plastic, creating a "metal flake" look. If you're seeing the MF effect on the back, obviously this theory holds no water.

I agree it really isn't that much flake and probably was not intentional just kind of fun.

Stardoggy, it is on the top, bottom, rim, and all over at varying depths to the surface. Must have just been some residuals in the mold or something between runs.

I have the same disc...purple McBeth Star Destroyer, 175g. It's my go-to distance driver at the moment. Beat in just right! I found this thread because I was I was wanting to buy more like this. Guess I'll just email Innova.

Attachments

• IMG_5148.jpg
    IMG_5148.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 48

Latest posts