• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Starfire vs PD

Basically gonna parrot what everyone else has already said. Anywho, PD's are a good main stable/OS driver, lots of people on here use it as their main (or only) driver because going from new C-PD's to Beat up P-PD's you can cover just about every non-utility shot there is. People often call it a longer Teebird, so that should tell you something.

Starfire is a little different. You're going to throw a PD further, but Starfires are true OS discs. They aren't quite as beefy as Firebirds, but it will give 0 ****s about wind, and you can forget about flipping it. They're a much more hard turning fade, so it's great for doglegs, or dodging things on big time flex lines you need to come all the way back. They also have incredible skips, nothing I've ever seen skips like a Starfire if you've thrown it right. I'd liken it to a longer MVP Shock or longer FL (ish).

Basically, if you need a main go to driver with solid stability and a dependable forward fade, go PD. If you're looking for something you can hyzer bomb, throw into big time headwind and not worry, or need something that turns and fades hard after laser beaming out, go Starfire.

But do what you want, I'm not a cop.

Thrown both and have beaten Starfires to death but even still, SFs are more noticeably overstable. Agree with Buiscutboy.

I think it came down to the PD having a more forward fade, and maybe a little more glide, and the Starfire having a sharper dumpy fade.

I personally think the PD has a lot more glide. Well, more than a little.