• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Straight distance driver

How Gstar Teebird flies compared to Star Teebird. And what about the weight, what weight should i buy if i want it to have little turn.

I just want to update you from what I said a post ago. I had a chance to throw a friend's fresh G PD today and compare to my ~1 month used S PD. The G PD is significantly less stable if you have power. My S PD has zero turn, I have never ever turned it a smidge. It fades out on me at 350', and I can throw speed 12-13 stuff up to 400'. It's very beefy, and holds a hyzer.

The G PD has turn to it when I throw it as hard as my S PD. I can hyzer flip it for great straight shots. When released flat it drifted right for me. I could trust it at 300' much more to go straight, as a hyzer flip or a slight turnover. However, this was when I was overpowering it into a turn and throwing it low (like 6'), and it would land dead straight. I still stand by what I said earlier that if I wanted to throw dead straight 300' I would rather throw a disc I didn't have to overpower so much, as speed 10 is far too much for that distance to me, barring an extreme ceiling restriction or wind. I don't know how the G PD would act if I gave it 300' of power rather than overpowering it and letting it only go that far due to height. I would still recommend the Teebird suggestion at 300'.

But, the G PD was significantly different enough from the S PD for me to want to update this. It is a very nice disc.

Last edited:
I play a lot of wooded courses and do not have a big arm. I use one of the following:

FLX Surge SS***
Star TL or maybe GStar TL3
Icon Patriot
Beat in Pro Wraith

If you want more turn maybe the Bandit. If you want more fade or have wind issues maybe a Saint or FLX Surge.

For me, the G* Leopard is the straightest for this kind of shot. Hole #5 of Kaposia Park in MN is my reference point for this kind of shot, and I could nail it every time with my Leopard. If thrown with more power you can get some turn out of it, but at about 3/4 power for me (275-300ft), it's a laser. Mine is 168g for reference.

Latest posts