• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stringbean's Bag (UPDATED)

The Foxbat goes straight, glides forever, and then lands a foot or so to the left. The Legacy Guage is similar (in flight) but the Foxbat feels better in my hand and I prefer the GStar plastic.

I have commented on the Judge in your Judge thread and I agree that it is a great putter. Both for putting and off the tee... I had my first two aces with it I over the winter. Yeah, I'd like to get one in fusion plastic as well because the classic blend beats into straight/understable pretty quick. I could probably drop my Summit at this point and cycle the Judge.

It's pretty damn unique. I can't really compare it to anything. It has a v-shaped edge leading to a big dome. But it is has a round feel despite the pointy edge (the v is very obtuse). The endless glide and lack of fade are what make this disc special. It's great because you can power way down and it will still hold an anny line to the ground.

Stringbean said:
The Foxbat goes straight, glides forever, and then lands a foot or so to the left. The Legacy Guage is similar (in flight) but the Foxbat feels better in my hand and I prefer the GStar plastic.

I have commented on the Judge in your Judge thread and I agree that it is a great putter. Both for putting and off the tee... I had my first two aces with it I over the winter. Yeah, I'd like to get one in fusion plastic as well because the classic blend beats into straight/understable pretty quick. I could probably drop my Summit at this point and cycle the Judge.

Sweeet. Thanks for the insight on the Foxbat.

And oh yeah,I forgot about you commenting in my Judge thread. They say your memory is the first thing to go when you get older. :lol:

I knew there was something I was supposed to look for at last tournament. I ended up buying 4 more putters I did not need with my winnings. :banghead:

I threw the Foxbat a few more times yesterday. You have to be careful in the wind... it actually handles the wind fairly well but you have to be real clean with your release. Not quiet as touchy, but it is very Comet like in that regard. Any signs of OAT and it will crash and burn to the right.

I threw it on a hyzer line with the wind at my back and didn't flip at all. Held the line all the way to the ground.

Stringbean said:
I threw the Foxbat a few more times yesterday. You have to be careful in the wind... it actually handles the wind fairly well but you have to be real clean with your release. Not quiet as touchy, but it is very Comet like in that regard. Any signs of OAT and it will crash and burn to the right.

I threw it on a hyzer line with the wind at my back and didn't flip at all. Held the line all the way to the ground.

A disc like the Foxbat will do really good in a Taliwind. When I'm using my Comets or Fuses I know I can really crank on it harder than normal in a Tailwind. A Tailwind will make any disc more stable than normal.

That's cool that the foxbat can show signs of OAT. I think every player needs a disc like that in their bag. :thumbup:

Putters
Classic Hard Judge
Lucid Judge

Mids
Champ Gator
Star Mako
Champ Super Stingray
Star Super Stingray
Warship

Drivers
Star Leopard
Star Eagle
P-PD
Pro Beast
Champ Wraith
S-PD2
unLace

I've been doing really well with this line-up. 16 discs listed but I usually only carry 12-14 depending on the course. Vibram is starting to grow on me.

Putters
Wizard - putting putter
M Sole - Upshots & Drives
BT Harp

Mids
M Ibex - I lost my three year old Super Stingray but this feels similar and covers the same turnover lines
Super Stingray
Glow Roc3
Gator

Fairways
QJLS - Low ceiling tunnel shots and forehand utility
EXP1

Primary Drivers
P-PD
G-PD
S-PD
PD2 - Utility

Long Distance Drivers
unLace
Lace
OLace

Small Bag:
Sole
Harp
Ibex
PPD
GPD
OLace

There's been a pretty big revival of EXP's lately, Q, glow Q, and Sirus plastic EXPs are available, fyi. Check the millenium FB page if your're interested.