• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Summer Cabin in Colorado

Magilicutty

Headed to Colorado in late June. I was hoping to find a decent cabin somewhere where I could conveniently knock out a couple sweet mtn. courses. Any suggestions on any areas in particular i should look at? Thanks in advance.

Might depend on how long you are going to be out there and what kind of transportation you have available. Short trip I might just do Conifer and definitely hit up Beaver Creek. Also try to reach out to some locals and maybe get a chance to play Phantom Falls as well.

If it is a longer trip and you have a vehicle then maybe somewhere near I-70 and the mountains for easy access to multiple locations. Drive down to Conifer, drive into the mountains and check out some ski resort courses. Head up and check out the Boulder scene. I have played a few Colorado courses but not nearly enough, hopefully somebody with more local knowledge can expand on this. Good luck!

Camp near Beaver Ranch on the 285 corridor. Make sure you reserve a round at Bucksnort no matter what. Aside from that, Phantom Falls is worth getting a reservation for as well, but there are a ton of great courses in the area. Beaver Ranch/Bailey DGC. Hit me up with details and I can probably get you on a private course or two as well.

Stay in the mountains. Denver courses aren't anything to write home about and Boulder is a wasted drive.

Camp near Beaver Ranch on the 285 corridor. Make sure you reserve a round at Bucksnort no matter what. Aside from that, Phantom Falls is worth getting a reservation for as well, but there are a ton of great courses in the area. Beaver Ranch/Bailey DGC. Hit me up with details and I can probably get you on a private course or two as well.

Stay in the mountains. Denver courses aren't anything to write home about and Boulder is a wasted drive.

:thmbup: Forgot Bucksnort. Hoping to get out that way and play Bucksnort and Phantom, depends how the weather is next weekend. Doing a quick 5 day trip to visit family and friends out West, my yearly Colorado trip. Thanks for Boulder update, had not gotten up that way.

Agree on Denver courses, pretty open and boring. But oh man, the mountain courses are awesome!

The Gf and I will be in the area for a few days during the week. Are bucksnort and phantom really just one tee time per day and a four person minimum? That was making me try to find other courses to hit up.

If you head down 70 a little further, you can play Ghost Town, Rocky Mountain Village, Lake Dillon and Peak One. All right along 70, all rated at least 3.5.

Do you have a general area you will be in? Are you flying into Denver? Driving?

We will be driving in from Ohio. Not sure where we are staying yet. Hoping to find a decent cabin somewhere to stay at for 2-4 nights.

The Gf and I will be in the area for a few days during the week. Are bucksnort and phantom really just one tee time per day and a four person minimum? That was making me try to find other courses to hit up.

Yeah, but make sure you hit one up anyways. I recommend Bucksnort as much as any course anywhere. Even if you can't, the other courses are all within 15 minutes or so.

One tee time per day, typically. Maybe Paulie can do something for you on the minimum, can't hurt to ask. If you play Phantom, it's pretty much an all day affair. Bucksnort can be played in a couple of hours, but I think some more holes have been added since I was there. After I played it I drove over to the Bailey course and got a round in there the same afternoon.

Beaver Ranch and the other 3 courses I mentioned are all within around 10 miles of each other, so that is the area you will want to probably base yourself in. These 4 courses are all more than well worth playing, with some good courses other guys mentioned above within an hour or a little more drive time away.

Coming from Ohio, be prepared for some effects from the altitude change. Stay hydrated!

Edit* What Chief said...

Yes. I played Phantom and Bucksnort by myself last year, paid for four spots each day and it was totally worth it. Tee times are 9 or 10AM, so you will have time to go somewhere else after; however, I believe the intent is to bring a bunch of friends and hang out all day. Bucksnort is in my top 10 for sure, but it is extreme golf and it might not be for everyone, especially if you are just a casual player. Go to Beaver if you want a great mountain golf experience without the extremes of Bucksnort.

don't forget to bring your most understable plastic as everything is more stable at elevation. I could barely turn over an avenger ss out there, when the same disc at sea level just flips and goes anny forever

Latest posts