• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Super nice Champion plastic from Innova?

BogeyNoMore

* Ace No More *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Someone I play with (deals a bit of plastic) just showed me a gorgeous brand new Champ Beast... completely normal stamp, but it looks amazingly clear and bright and seemed to refract bright sunlight almost like fiber optics.

Reminded me of Opto or Cryztal Plastic... super clear, very sexy - not like anything I've seen stamped as Champion before. Said he's only seen it on Beasts to this point.

Anyone seen this or know what the scoop is?

Sorry, no pix. :(

so it was a newer run with the Flight Numbers? hmm dont think i have seen any of those yet but sounds nice

I saw a merlot champion Beast that was like the one you describe. Very translucent and seemed to capture and refract light very well. Looked almost like glass. I loved it. Too bad I don't throw Beasts.

a friend of mine got a new flat 12x firebird that looked like it was glass with silver streaks like pearly champ but relfective and translucent

Sorry, no pix

Beast2x.jpg

Trenton said he has been seeing newer champ plastic at MS, that reminded him of almost opto like quality. (grippy and sleek)

I'd look up the link, but I'm on my phone...so yeah.

I've seen a few random Champion Discs around that were pearly like that. A couple Firebirds and Mambas, specifically.

Not sure what the deal is, Innova must just be fooling around with plastic.

when does innova not fool around with the plastic?

They never fool around with it. They just take what they can get. Once a batch of plastic runs out, they have no guarantee that the next batch will be the same since they just buy leftover plastic from other companies.

^^very true its just innova gets one of the worst rapsheet for having varying blends. Im not a hater since you can see my bag is 95% innova. Well actually gateway gets a pretty bad one also, but with plastics not everything will be the same everytime.

^^very true its just innova gets one of the worst rapsheet for having varying blends. Im not a hater since you can see my bag is 95% innova. Well actually gateway gets a pretty bad one also, but with plastics not everything will be the same everytime.

^^Agreed. Most people that complain about plastic don't understand why it happens. They just think it's "the man" (Innova) keeping them down. :p

All the Champ TL+'s I've seen are the same way, super duper crystal clear. My first run mamba was the same as well. I like it, it seems grippier.

I bought a few Banshees in this plastic and its very nice stuff. Its almost as good as Opto.

I just sold one a couple days ago, the plastic had a very nice look. Also the Beast was flatter with what felt like to me a plus rim, very similar to the new Valks too.

Latest posts