• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Super OS CH Viking?

Got a few more throws with the comet in today. With a nice easy throw, dead flat release, it hovers straight with just a hint of turn. I don't trust it enough to throw it in a round yet, but im likeing it even more now.

Also tried a friends eMac truth. Nice disc! I'll keep that one in mind

Last edited:
Yeah it took me a couple weeks to get used to trusting it with power. You'll get used to it, and a slightly turning Comet is a very fun and long disc to have. Really easy turnovers that will hold until they hit the ground, and easy hyzer release for tunnel shots that don't fade.

How was the eMac Truth for stability compared to the Verdict? Noticeably softer fade?

Hmm, I only threw it twice. But I'd say it had a little firmer hss and softer fade. I want to say a bit more sweeping fade as well, but don't quote me.

The pine is becoming a staple in my bag. It's flying like a shorter teebird for me. Super reliable hss, good fade, plenty of glide. I'm throwing it on pretty much everything wide open or left from 240-300'. I used to throw teebirds on a lot of these spots, and still will of the wind really gets up, but the pine sits down a lot better for me.
The comet and I still aren't totally getting along. It seems accurate enough up to 220' or so, but I like my putter better from that range... I'll keep playing with it... it seems like most of the straight or right shots I'd like it for are more like 260-320 and it seems to get squirrelly on me. I've actually been working the core into these shots more and more.
I bought a big stack of wizards and I've been working on form with them around 200'. They are lots of fun to throw, and making a reachable target makes for fun fieldwork.
I often tend to work on distance when doing field work, I think this is a mistake, it seems to make my form worse and wear me out. I end up feeling dejected about the whole thing, lol.

I tried dragging out my higher speed stuff the other day: a new gateway journey, Ch wraith, blizz destroyer, blizz beast. I was trying to throw "hard" to get things up to speed but still stay smooth. I don't think I made any progress, and I spent a good part of my next round trying to sort out my form, with some but not total success. Very frustrating!
I should probably get back to dedicated form work. I've been playing very well this summer, moving to the top group in league most nights and even holding the top tag a couple weeks in a row. But I know there's a lot more I could do both in consistency and in distance. A little more power would give me access to some better lines and also help with longer tournament formats I think.

Can a moderator rename this thread? The latest content have had very little to do with super OS champion Vikings.

The crappy thing with putting away the high speed stuff, is when you go back to it you can think "I need to smash on this", rather than just throwing it normally and letting it do what it does. Only way to get that mentality away is to keep throwing it.

Check this out at 2:30 for a perfect MJ Comet shot. I don't think Comets should really be flippier than this on a 300' shot once you know how to trust them.

wow! That is a thing of beauty. I'll keep working on that one. In the mean time I've aquired a gateway element, its dead straight out to 260 or 280. You don't get that same sweet hover affect though, the comet just looks so great when it's thrown well. It's good to see what it will do thrown flat and clean.

I have a champ Viking 175g. It's overstable but I like it on shorter holes that curve into trees. I've had many birdies with it and can get a good grip and release on the 19mm rim. I think I'll pick up the dx version also to see if it's less stable since I like the rim width.

Latest posts