• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Super straight midrange

But then MVP made the envy and proxy. :D

OP honestly putters go pretty far. Have you tried sliding a faster one in the mix vs the slower comet? lighter envy/proxy have great glide. I cant imagine bagging another mid in the mix if you have an envy? I always used mine like a driver/mid. Same with proxy. The matrix will be a faster envy for sure and very Z buzzz like.

Oh, I know. Proxy kicked the Pure out, partly because the Pure was more like a mid to me.
Proxy feels better for FH too.

How does the MD3 compare to the MD2?

It has been a long while since I had a MD2 in the bag and that was a C-line. My glow MD3 is pretty much identical to the C-MD2 I had. Great allaround disc for any angle. But the P-MD3 even looks like its a different mold, and the plastic makes it so straight.

I hear the Metal Flake MD3s are also straight as an arrow, but they are harder to find so I have steered clear of them. No need to change.

Of the mids I have thrown, I would say the Mako3, Tangent, and Comet are three of the straightest.

I used to like throwing a mid such as a Mako3, but have now started using a moderately used (not beat but not new) M3, and snap it hard upon release. Has a tendency to turn right RHBH but does not flip over, and usually ends with the slightest fade that is more akin to a leveling out at the end. Not 100% dead straight but pretty darn close to it. Beautiful shot if I do it right haha

Is there a disc that falls in between a Buzzz and a Fuse?

I bag a lot of 3 roc3s, but I also bag a truth for straight shots where I want a slight fade. And it flies for days. I also bag an m4, bc it flies far and it will hold any line I put it on. Took the mako3 out of the bag for it, and I throw all innova aside from those 2 discs.

KGB from Fly High! Until it hits exactly three trees at which point it will turn and burn like a champ. But you can get them so cheap you could bag a new one every round.

Is there a disc that falls in between a Buzzz and a Fuse?

Evidence. Very buzzz like, but turns over easier, it is sneaky long as well. If you want something slightly slower, then Theory or Tangent.

The Opto Warrant I have is most definitely more flippy than the GL Fuse I have. I'm guessing you'd have to go the other way to be in between a Fuse and Buzzz so maybe a Core?

Odd, maybe different runs. I've only had one of each so I'm no expert on either mold. I had a Gold line Fuse that was flippier than a beat Stingray and my Warrant was more like a seasoned Comet. I no longer have either and don't plan on trying them again.

The GL Fuses I've thrown have all been pretty flippy. I think the Core is a good suggestion for a disc that fits between the Buzzz and Fuse stability wise.

The Warship is also a good suggestion, and they are very long for a midrange.

I ended up getting a Truth instead of a Compass. The Truth just felt a lot nicer in the hand. The Compass was very deep it kind of felt like a Roc while the Truth had that awesome Buzzz like feeling. Compared to the Verdict it has a little more slope to the shoulder and there's a very tiny dome on it while the Verdict is flat. As for the flight, it flies perhaps slightly less stable than what I described in the OP, but it still very much slots in where I wanted it; longer than the Envy and between the Verdict and the Comet when it comes to stability. It flies pretty much like a slower Discmania FD. Quite enjoyable

I definitely agree with the profile feel. Also if you want a more stable Truth there is the EMac Truth you can look into. I have never thrown one.