• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

the beast and the BEAST

The ones that says BEAST (also the ones that just says 2003 world champ) are the old mold beasts. They fly more like Orcs. There were some early 2x stamped Beasts that were also old mold, but the majority of them are new mold, and they fly more like Valks. I think the mold change happened sometime around '05 or '06.

A rough guide would be that nearly all 2x beasts and on are new mold, pre 2x are old mold. There are a few 2x out there that are old mold, but for the most part this rule holds true.

roman said:
The ones that says BEAST (also the ones that just says 2003 world champ) are the old mold beasts. They fly more like Orcs. There were some early 2x stamped Beasts that were also old mold, but the majority of them are new mold, and they fly more like Valks. I think the mold change happened sometime around '05 or '06.

So, if the disc says, "Champion BEAST", with "Distance Driver" just below that, it is from the old mold? So, my question is this...you have some guys selling "gummy" Champion BEAST (transparent) for $150.00. If the Champion BEAST is clear/transparent, does that mean gummy, vs. a Champion BEAST that is opaque? Or, were all those Champion BEAST's gummy?

Webslinger said:
roman said:

So, if the disc says, "Champion BEAST", with "Distance Driver" just below that, it is from the old mold? So, my question is this...you have some guys selling "gummy" Champion BEAST for $150.00. If the Champion BEAST is clear/transparent, is does that mean gummy, vs. a Champion BEAST that is opaque, or all they all "gummy"?
They go both ways. [Insert Joke here] Usually cloudy, opaqueness is a result of the weighting agent, which naturally makes stiffer discs. I have seen cloudy gummys though, as well as clear stiffs. BTW I will make an assumption that the seller is Couchcruiser. I hate that bastard hack. :evil:

riverboy said:
Webslinger said:
roman said:

So, if the disc says, "Champion BEAST", with "Distance Driver" just below that, it is from the old mold? So, my question is this...you have some guys selling "gummy" Champion BEAST for $150.00. If the Champion BEAST is clear/transparent, is does that mean gummy, vs. a Champion BEAST that is opaque, or all they all "gummy"?
They go both ways. [Insert Joke here] Usually cloudy, opaqueness is a result of the weighting agent, which naturally makes stiffer discs. I have seen cloudy gummys though, as well as clear stiffs. BTW I will make an assumption that the seller is Couchcruiser. I hate that bastard hack. :evil:

Yeah, it is Couchcruiser and his "gummy" BEAST's are $100-$150. I really can't imagine anybody paying that much for that disc. So, isn't the weighting agent applied to both clear and opaque discs?

Webslinger said:
riverboy said:
Webslinger said:
roman said:

Yeah, it is Couchcruiser and his "gummy" BEAST's are $100-$150. I really can't imagine anybody paying that much for that disc. So, isn't the weighting agent applied to both clear and opaque discs?
Yes it is. I have virtually no knowledge on the subject of why it clouds up though, so somebody else will have to answer.

Yes it is. I have virtually no knowledge on the subject of why it clouds up though, so somebody else will have to answer.

Hmm, so what makes one Champion BEAST more gummy than another...weighting agent, or are there other factors that play into the mix?

riverboy said:
BTW I will make an assumption that the seller is *****cruiser. I hate that bastard hack. :evil:
fella is a local ..uhhh character. I *run* up front when he's around... never wanna miss the factoids that he skewlz us with :lol:

(I'm kinda in the World Top 3 ppl for ID'ing 2006-2010 Omega SS runs.. He KNOWS I was a warehouse worker... yet he drops the sickest ka-nowledge every time. Yes, I shoot him down.. way down.. no mercy. I've mockingly dropped the phrase "light storage wear" in conversation. I've crushed dreams of an old-run barstamp with repetitious "nope, R-Pro junk." You're welcome DGR)

Homeboy has 600 dollars worth of gummy champion beasts for sale on ebay. And he has sold discs in person in 18 states and shipped to every state in the union. How about that hustle. The dude has a car, the internet, and can use the postal service. Get some, son.

The 2x's that are pearly, are old molds. I don't throw anything but Pearlies, so I can't tell you much about the other 2x's. These all are "Beast," even the 1x 2003 Beast. But, they are all old molds. My Pre Barry's are BEAST though. But, again this is just what I've noticed with my Pearlies.

Lithicon said:
The 2x's that are pearly, are old molds. I don't throw anything but Pearlies, so I can't tell you much about the other 2x's. These all are "Beast," even the 1x 2003 Beast. But, they are all old molds. My Pre Barry's are BEAST though. But, again this is just what I've noticed with my Pearlies.
I have had pearlies that are new mold I believe.

Found this "beast"...

0402100748a_294113.jpg

Frank, you got some 'splainin to do...

Latest posts