• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] the details of your dynamic ESCAPE

This area of drivers is what makes me lose sleep at night. Valkyrie, Saint, Escape, Northman, Hatchet, CD2, SL. God damn it! And all of these I like enough to bag but I cannot bag all of those good lord. No, I cannot make up my mind. I went to the field the other day with 2 star valkyries, 1 Champion Valkyrie, 2 GL Saints, 1 TP Hatchet, and my buddies Striker. My thinking was trying them all would help me compare their flights and see what worked best for my needs. Well I put them all within a 6 foot circle flying nearly identical flights to get there. So yea, I still dont know. I think the Hatchet and Valkrie feel best in my hand, but the Saint isnt far off. I need to try an Escape...maybe escape this dilemma

I understand the dilemma, lol. Been there, done that. For me it came down to specific uses, where there's enough of a difference, even though small, to justify bagging one over another. My Lucid Escapes and champion Orc's are basically interchangeable for me in the "stable" distance driver role. QOLF is my overstable hard fade and headwind driver. Renegade my turnover driver. And Boss my bomber.

I've got a number of drivers sitting, that could do the job(s) just as well. It's a matter of feel, preference, and consistency for me. I had to whittle it down, and it ultimately came down to which ones feel and fly just a little better than the others.

This area of drivers is what makes me lose sleep at night. Valkyrie, Saint, Escape, Northman, Hatchet, CD2, SL. God damn it! And all of these I like enough to bag but I cannot bag all of those good lord. No, I cannot make up my mind. I went to the field the other day with 2 star valkyries, 1 Champion Valkyrie, 2 GL Saints, 1 TP Hatchet, and my buddies Striker. My thinking was trying them all would help me compare their flights and see what worked best for my needs. Well I put them all within a 6 foot circle flying nearly identical flights to get there. So yea, I still dont know. I think the Hatchet and Valkrie feel best in my hand, but the Saint isnt far off. I need to try an Escape...maybe escape this dilemma

I hear you! I've been going through the same thing the last few months trying to decide between the C-CD2, Pro-SL, Pro-Valkyrie and Fuzion-Escape. I spend time on the field throwing them every which way trying to find the perfect one for the roll.

The C-CD2 seems to be the most forgiving and holds really nice annie lines and forehands well, the Escape seems nose angle sensitive but when you hit perfect it goes! The Valkyrie didn't make the cut and the SL is easiest for me to forehand and also holds nice annie lines.

If I had to pick one and call it a day, it would be the CD2. But I'm so damn stubborn!

I hear you! I've been going through the same thing the last few months trying to decide between the C-CD2, Pro-SL, Pro-Valkyrie and Fuzion-Escape. I spend time on the field throwing them every which way trying to find the perfect one for the roll.

The C-CD2 seems to be the most forgiving and holds really nice annie lines and forehands well, the Escape seems nose angle sensitive but when you hit perfect it goes! The Valkyrie didn't make the cut and the SL is easiest for me to forehand and also holds nice annie lines.

If I had to pick one and call it a day, it would be the CD2. But I'm so damn stubborn!

Pro Valkyries a different story for me. That's been going in and out with an Amp. I seem to have gridlock issues with MVP drivers for some reason though

I got the Lucid Escapes I ordered today. They feel Awesome. I must say, I like the feel of the Escape over the Saint, but I will have to see how she flies....

I agree, they dont seem to have the glide they claim to have, but I still love me some saints. I may be interested in taking them off your hands.

All I have left is 2 Recycled GL Saints. They are a tad scraped up from the sandpaper desert courses I play. I doubt you would want them, but I think I am gonna hold on to them, nonetheless.... Thanks for the offer , though!:clap:

All I have left is 2 Recycled GL Saints. They are a tad scraped up from the sandpaper desert courses I play. I doubt you would want them, but I think I am gonna hold on to them, nonetheless.... Thanks for the offer , though!:clap:

Sure thing brother!! Having not thrown any recycled discs, I'd pass anyway lol

If you've ever thrown a true Stag, true to the flight numbers that is, wow, what a disc.

If you've ever thrown a true Stag, true to the flight numbers that is, wow, what a disc.

I bag 2 Stags, and I love the poo poo out of that mold. Funny enough, the mid to low 160gm weights fly truer to the rating than the heavier Stags, for me. I have a 166 and 163gm bagged.

Threw the Escapes I got today in the practice field tonight. Much happier with the Escape than the Saint, at this point.:clap:

I picked up an Escape last year in a players pack and like it. It seems to be kind of an ultra long fairway driver. Its easy to get it up to speed and it has glide for days which translates to more accurate shots.

Okay, I have a good amount of field time and a few rounds in with the Escape, now. I am really liking the Escape. Long, GLidey Hyzers for days. It definitely fills a hole in my bag I was looking to close up. Also, I have NO forehand skills. The Escape is working Amazing for flicks, too. I LOVE the Escape.

Okay, I have a good amount of field time and a few rounds in with the Escape, now. I am really liking the Escape. Long, GLidey Hyzers for days. It definitely fills a hole in my bag I was looking to close up. Also, I have NO forehand skills. The Escape is working Amazing for flicks, too. I LOVE the Escape.

Your FH must not be that bad. I know guys who torque Apes all the way over but can't get them out to 250'.

Yes, yes.

Your FH must not be that bad. I know guys who torque Apes all the way over but can't get them out to 250'.

I have been working on it, but 250' is my Max at the moment. Funny part is I can put the forehand Escape out on a hyzer, dead nutz Flat, or flex it, and I can still get 250'. I haven't been able to do that with any other disc. Trespass is Close, but not as good as the Escape.

I am bagging 169 & 167gm Escapes. I found a 159gm that IS NOT a Lucid AIR, so I had to order it. I will see how that differs in flight.

Last edited:
Got to field throw the 159gm Escape today. Every bit as stable as my other two, if not more. Really interesting.

Got to field throw the 159gm Escape today. Every bit as stable as my other two, if not more. Really interesting.

That's strange. Was it purple by the way?

And if you wanted a tick more stable, the fluids are a little more hss as well.

Red 159gm Lucid. I was Really surprised how stable it is. My other two are Lucid, also. I Love the feel of Lucid plastic.

Anybody besides me been pairing their Escapes with Eagle-Xs (EX)?

So I didn't give the escape a chance when my form is mediocre, because I kept turning the disc over. So I started throwing over stable plastic. I've since learned that a lot of discs work better when thrown with hyzer like the Saint Pro and Escape. When thrown with 80% power on a hyzer for me it just takes off, flips to straight glides forever and then fades at end.

The one I have is a white lucid. How does the Fuzion/Bio Fuzion compare to the Lucid? More or less OS?

Latest posts